Walleye TV guided bomb

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyL

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being built as a rocket? I think it would make a really neat looking rocket. It could be built full scale at about 11 feet long and 12.5 inches in diameteer. If I build it I will probably build it at half scale. I know it is not a rocket but sure does look neat. Just a thought. Here is a link to pictures and specs.
https://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-62.html

Point of interest, this web site has almost every rocket ever made. The Walleye does have a miltary designation of a rocket, AGM62A

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.....

The Walleye II is kind of cool, but IMHO that first one is really ugly! But, by all means...have fun with it :santaclaus:

G

Very Nice! I've been wanting to do a Maverick for a long time, but I may just have to add this to my "wanna build" list. I've got a couple 4" clear plastic hemispheres that are just begging to be used in a nosecone for a tv-guided missile/bomb... I'm kicking myself for not measuring the Maverick mock-up while I was working at Raytheon :(. (They had full scale models of several of their missiles in the "learning center")

-Rick

I think that one done up in the color scheme shown as the "MK 3 MOD 0" in the red-white-and-blue would be very striking. :)

Build 'em all! You'll have a nice fleet, or make that school of Walleye!

I like the Walleye in the pic and I believe WPAFB Air Force Museum has one like it on display in Dayton, Ohio. This is where I go to get research pics for the missiles I model and where I got all my photos of my Aim-120 AMRAAM, AGM-88A HARM and the AGM-65A Maverick I built as a 1/3 scale model. The Walleye is similar in shape and design and you can use the same techniques I used on the Maverick to construct it if you want a smaller, 4 inch model. You can find my build at:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/ctulanko/album/index.php?dir=maverick

It even includes tips on making your own lense. I hope you build it and would like to see the results. The museum had two Mavericks, one under each wing of their A-10 and since I built the white camera version, I have been wanting to do the olive drab infrared version in a half scale six inch diameter model, as I already have research pics for it. After that, I would seriously consider the Walleye. Good luck and keep us posted.

Back