Work's Out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Oh yea, oh yea . . . I feel like a kid outta school.

Boeing, StL, has started it's annual winter holiday. I don't have to go back until 2 Jan - oh yea, oh yea. I even get a one day headstart on the yard apes, er, kids. :D

I work the 21st, and then I am out till the 2nd...Happy New Year!

I have an early dismissal tomorrow from school and then I'm going back to school on the 2nd. What will I do during my break? Well, one thing I know for sure is that I will finish up a book project due on the day I come back.:mad::rolleyes: So far, I have one part done out of six.

Oh, I forgot, the winter project for me is to do up my hobby room. Am putting in some furniture, work desks, and painted, framed, pegboards all over the exposed walls to hold both packaged kits and completed rockets/planes.

When I worked for Ford Aero, we got the week off. That was cool because it's almost like a whole extra week of vacation. Then we go bought :kill:

I am in for tomarrow and then I am out till the 7th. School project for science, guess what it involves?

I'm among the lucky ones, as well. Last day is tomorrow, then off work until the 2nd. :)

Working for a school has some perks...:cool:

I'm off until the 2nd after tomorrow. Then the real work begins!

Finish the Space 1999 Eagle I've spending forever on.
Build a pretty Der Red Max
Build whatever kits I can.
Organize the shed to Runkyrockettes specifications.
Hook up the printer to the shed computer.
Help the TARC team convert their rocker to 29 mm power.
Clean up after the TARC team - I plan on training them to leave no footprints.
Teach myself Rocsim.
Get together with the 13 year-old and Rocsim a rocket for next summer when he's 14. Guess what's on his mind?
Runkyrockette is going to finish her Christmas Rocket and her L1 Bird.
Get a spraybooth together.

I guess there's the visit relatives and other holiday business.

John

Hwy AK I am going to be up in your area for my christmas vacation are there any launches from the 29th thru the 4th of jan? I would like to show my dad whaat I have been talking about.

In the month a december, I worked on the 11th and the 12th...and I go back on the 26th. Yes, in the entire month, I will work only 5 days and I'm rolling 3 weeks of vacation into next year. :D

-Aaron

Today was my first day of vacation and I don't go back till the 2nd either.

My plans mainly involve napping and wrestling with the dog.

Hwy AK I am going to be up in your area for my christmas vacation are there any launches from the 29th thru the 4th of jan? I would like to show my dad whaat I have been talking about.

Yea, we've got a launch on Sat. the 29th as a matter of fact. You're more than welcome to join us. It'd be great to have you there! Info's on our web site at www.sparcmo.org.

Or PM me for more info.

Plese don't hate me...today is my last day of school until January 7th! I do have 3 exams to make up and several sets of labs and assignments to mark, though. I should really start planning for my new classes that start in February as well. I should be able to squeeze in a rocket or two, though--perhaps my Secret Santa gift that came from Sunward...I can't wait!
Merry Christmas everyone!

After today I dont go back until the 2nd of Jan. I get 12 days off and only have to take 3 days of leave.

Dan

Man, I hate you guys getting so many days off during the holidays!:mad:..Not really, but it sounds good..lol..Where do I sign up for something like that?:D

As long as Uncle Sam isn't the employer-been there, done that ;) Unless it's a GS job, then......:dontknow:

I got off work at 6am this morning and I dont go back in to work untill 6pm on the 2nd and the bummer is I only get paid for 3 days while the plant is shut down. :cry:
But hey at least I'm able to spend more time here in TRF, other than that working on cleaning the garage out, finish building and modifying a couple of rockets, building a 555 based timer, celibrating Christmas, New Years and my wifes and mine 9th year Wedding aniversery.

Our company revamped the vacation system. We must use all our vacation each year or you lose it. I had 4 days left so I will be gone from 25th thru the 2nd.

Other people left a 2 weeks ago and won't be back until the 2nd.

I plan to go back packing in the desert for a couple of days and get a head start on building rockets for our annual Boy Scout Troop Rocket campout.

Our company revamped the vacation system. We must use all our vacation each year or you lose it.
Man, talk about an inflexible system! But, at least you get to use it, unlike one of your former employers who officially approved it but unofficially discouraged it. ;)
Production in the golf club industry is turned on full bore in December, so no official company shutdown here Dec. 26-28, but of course a lot of people take vacation. My boys are both home from college for the holidays, so I'll take some time off, but unfortunately I have to come back in for a day to calibrate some equipment after an unplanned move :cry: That's sometime after I get the plumbing and electrical done for my new washer and drier, and sometime before the production people show up at 5:30 next Wednesday morning, and it ain't gonna be on Christmas Day!

Back