eagle 1999 centuri from 1976

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vyger

Reaction score
I have bought this model, original of 1976, built by the centuri on the occasion of the visit of nick tate in italy.

very beautiful

a1999.jpg

1999.jpg

Nice build! I miss that show... I don't think I've seen it in over 20 years!:(

I've got it on DVD, come on over and watch it. Bring popcorn!

If you're really nice to me, I'll let ya watch UFO too. ;)

I just watched "the Dalotek Affair" last night!

Every September 13th I get together with 2 old high school friends and watch Breakaway.

Whats your favorite UFO episode?

I'd love to have one of these myself, as I am a huge SPACE: 1999 fan, and I have a 23" studio scale Eagle replica in my collection, as well as a 30" Hawk (from "War Games").

The Eagle rocket isn't very accurate at all, especially when compared to the X-wing or the Klingon Cruiser....but certainly a must have for 1999 fans and/or collectors.....

I don't know which is more worrying:

The fact that, after taking one look at the photo of the entire rocket, my first thought was "OK, what else can be stuck on top of a Fliskits Praetor?"

Or the fact that I don't buy kits, yet none of the folks here who do collect Jim's stuff had the same idea.
:D

WOW! Haven't seen these in years! Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys.

Priceless.
Only one quibble- TV sound was never that good in 1970 and I couldn't find the tinny control.
UFO was best seen at the age of 9. I saw it again at 35 and the acting was terrible. Gerry Anderson used better looking puppets though.
A bit of a come-down from Ed Bishop's finest hour as the Orion pilot in '2001'.

Back