Where To Buy Heat Gun And Heat Shrink Tape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bguff

Reaction score
Where is a good website to buy a heat gun, heat shrink tape, mylar etc?

Thanks,

Bob

If you are talking hobby heat gun, any hobby shop that carries RC airplane stuff will have heat guns, and Monokote covering, if that is what you are looking for. And on the internet, Tower Hobbies carries about everything hobby-related.

Places like Harbor Freight and Radio Shack carry various heat shrink tubing packs, with lots of assorted sizes, for electronics use.

If you are talking hobby heat gun, any hobby shop that carries RC airplane stuff will have heat guns, and Monokote covering, if that is what you are looking for. And on the internet, Tower Hobbies carries about everything hobby-related.

Places like Harbor Freight and Radio Shack carry various heat shrink tubing packs, with lots of assorted sizes, for electronics use.

I needed one a few weeks ago and I took the advice of a cow-orker to check out Harbor Freight. I was stunned at how cheap it was and how high the quality was. I bought the nozzle pack as well.

As others have said, any old heat gun.
DON'T USE IT AS A HAIR DRYER!!! :rotflol:

For the heat shrink tape, check out www.shrinktape.com.
Give them a call and tell them what you need.
They are the suppliers for the other places that sell it.
IF the guy even lets you pay for it, the prices are much lower.
When I called he wouldn't let me pay for it; sent it out free as a "sample".
I know at least one guy that has gotten 3 or 4 rolls free.
I'm sure the owner knows he's giving it out more than samples but seems to look at it like cheap advertising.
Not sure if he'd keep doing that if 1,000 people called him, but worth a try.
If it doesn't hurt his feelings...

he doesnt give out samples anymore and he charges 30 bucks a roll.

Latest posts

Back