Star Trek, New Enterprise?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm...Interesting...I don't find it ugly..In fact, I don't see really much difference in this Enterprise over the one in ST:TOS other than the engine nacelles and struts..I think the best looking Enterprise is the one used in ST:TNG, just my 2 pennies :)

If you read the comments, they point out its not from the film.

That and no Shat! I think I'll pass.

Mark

Please... Would you really want to see William Shatner playing Kirk NOW???

Captain's Log, Stardate *whatever*: After booking a flight on the Enterprise and saving tons of money on my hotel through Priceline.com, we are scheduled to rendezvous with the Klingon battle cruiser "Sniffharkptoo"...

Time to move on:D

I don't want to watch a TOS cast movie without Jimmy Doohan or DeForrest Kelley. :(

This Enterprise looks good to me; I see nothing wrong (or ugly) about it....

I thought I posted more info, Hmm I was up too watching the Red Sox.

While that is not the Enterprise from the up coming movie, someone from ILM claimed it was very close to what they are working on. Now none of this can be checked at this time as no name was given for the source, so take it with a grain of salt. Myself I think they are floating trial balloons to see the reactions.
The Bussard collectors are very different as is the neck and deflector dish.

Shatner was not going to play Kirk, Chris Pine has that roll. The only problem with him is he is 27 and supposed to be playing Lt. Kirk 6-10 years prior to TOS. Kirk was supposed be in his early 30's in TOS. They were going to have the surviving cast members do cameo's.

I think Shatner was trying to play Kirk, just as Nimoy is going to play Spock, even though there there is someone playing him as well.

This would mean the original cast members would be narrating off camera, recalling old times in front of the camera, or visited in a time travel plot.

I think Shatner was trying to play Kirk, just as Nimoy is going to play Spock, even though there there is someone playing him as well.

This would mean the original cast members would be narrating off camera, recalling old times in front of the camera, or visited in a time travel plot.

That sounds logical.

Capt. Kirk died in the last movie to feature the character. I suspect that made it difficult to write him into the new movie...

Mario

That was going to be the Enterprise in the new movie, but outraged fans got together to stop that.

They have gone to court and an injunction was filed on their behalf by Denny Crane.

Denny Crane is a founding partner (and was chief rainmaker) of Crane, Poole & Schmidt, along with Shirley Schmidt and Edwin M. Poole. In his prime, Denny Crane was a legendary litigator; his reputation amongst lawyers is long and fabled, and Crane himself insists he is the greatest lawyer in history and has never lost a case, stating that his record is 6,043-0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crane

Sounds like quite the character :) Thanks
Cheers
fred

Denny Crane is a founding partner (and was chief rainmaker) of Crane, Poole & Schmidt, along with Shirley Schmidt and Edwin M. Poole. In his prime, Denny Crane was a legendary litigator; his reputation amongst lawyers is long and fabled, and Crane himself insists he is the greatest lawyer in history and has never lost a case, stating that his record is 6,043-0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crane

Was he Vulcan or Ferengie?:confused:

Capt. Kirk died in the last movie to feature the character. I suspect that made it difficult to write him into the new movie...

Mario

That was after TOS but before TNG

This new movie is supposed to be after Enterprise but before TOS. Theoretically he COULD make an appearance.

Back