Art Applewhite - Super Stealth

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peartree

My review of Art Applewhite's Super Stealth has been posted on EMRR. This was a lot of fun to build and has been great fun flying it. My kids ask for it just about every time we go out. I can't say enough about the customer service either. We ordered over the net and got it within just a few days, I hadn't expected to get it until the following week and received it before the weekend so I was very impressed. Art even put a free cardstock rocket in there! Like I said in the review, when we wear this one out, I'll have to get another one (or two, or three...)

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/aaw_super_stealth.html

View attachment Super Stealth1.JPGView attachment Super Stealth2.JPG

Art's saucer kits are great and yours looks great. I have a couple of Super Cincos that I fly on everything up to E9s and E15s. My 10" USAF saucer broke on landing last time I flew it on a G40 but I have since fixed it up and it will fly again.

I am currently flying the Scimitar. I love how it spins in the air. Makes for some interesting sounds. I flew it on an F12 to show our local cub scouts an AP motor.

The very first Art Applewhite I flew, blew up on its first flight on my first and only BP CATO. This was at our club launch and it just so happened a scout group was there. The saucer got off the rod about 10 ft or so and boom! Pieces of paper rained down. One of the scouts asked if I could do it again.

I also have a spool but I haven't built it yet.

AA saucers are very cool, and yes his service is top notch. We just flew an Ultra Delta on an E18, what a hoot. :D

Yours looks great!

I know I will be ordering!

Awesome Super Stealth review John, just awesome. :D I think I might just have to get me a Super Stealth after reading your review (love the fluro yellow color!!).

You ought to try one of Art's 24mm Delta saucers, they fly awesome on both BP and AP motors. The 'Flames' and 'Spaceship Earth'-shroud versions look simply out of this world visually, even more impressive when they fly with all that smoke and flame belching from the exhaust end as if they're on fire in flight.

I also used to wonder why your username is Peartree .... :biggrin:

Cheers ...... Pete

Love those Applewhite saucers for small fields.
> 7.5 inch delta has flown on C6, D12, E9 and E16s
> 10 inch cluster saucer flies well on on 3x D11-Ps
> 12 inch classic saucer loves G64s and has done a couple Hs
Can fly big engines with lots of fire and noise and fire without loosing rockets to nearby powerlines and trees.

Latest posts

Back