Squirrel Works

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Early Starts

Reaction score
Don's recent plight makes me feel bummed so I want to help out. I have never built a rocket from Squirrel Works and I can see no better time. (What a great excuse to buy rockets!)

What two kits would be the best to get a feel for what the company is about? To put it another way, if you were only going to get 2 rockets from Squirrel Works, what would you get?

The Tuber already has one vote from Doug on this thread: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=39091

Thanks again for the help!!

Mega Baron and Vulture, or maybe Mega Baron and Firebird SST, oh I don't know they have a lot of good ones!:)

I ordered the Vulture last Thursday and it was on my steps on Monday. Looks really sharp and can't wait to put it together. (Well, actually I will because I have to finish a large project for Red Glare 3.)

I have a Vulture and it's sharp looking when built.. Silver is definitely the color for it.

I have a Firebird SST but haven't built it yet.

I have to get a Red Baron. Isn't everyone here required to get one?

I'm partial to the Astrid, though only because I haven't broken down and bought a Mega Baron yet. The regular Red Baron is an excellent glider...

The X-RV and Mega Baron are my two definitive choices. I'm yet to take the Mega Baron out for its maiden flight but man was it a good rocket to put together!! It's just so darn big and impressive to boot. :biggrin:

I'm considering putting in another SW order (though I didn't have any immediate plans to do so) as I'm not particularly impressed with the way Bruce at Countdown has handled the product returns issue with Don. I've enjoyed my purchasing experiences with SW so I don't like how Don has seemingly been ripped off.

Cheers ...... Pete

I do not have any from TSW (yet). 3 and 4 fin rockets are common so why not try something different and get the Red Baron Glider, either flavor. I would add the JX-1 because it lookes different. You may also want to add the Tuber if you can afford it...

.... wait a minute... today is PAYDAY!!! :D

I became familiar with TSW due to the unfortunate events with Countdown. In any case, the Red Baron is definitely on my short list (maybe I can ask for rockets -or cash - at Christmas?)!

This thread insoired me to order two squirrel works kits I have had my eye on... The Callisto and the JX-1.

Phred

I became familiar with TSW due to the unfortunate events with Countdown. In any case, the Red Baron is definitely on my short list (maybe I can ask for rockets -or cash - at Christmas?)!

Why not just join the TRF Secret Santa list? If you do, you'll be expected to ask for rockets for Christmas!

I've had my eye on the call box for a while; I'm sure it will find its way into my build pile at some point.

Back