Level 3 cert yesterday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falconpilot

Reaction score
Got my Level 3 done yesterday... Its a 6 inch diameter 12 foot tall scratch build that came in at 44 pounds loaded on a M1850GG.. Went to 7595' and had a textbook flight...

Dennis

Attachments

• level 3.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
It was painted with a gold base and blood red candy over. The nose and fins were black with a gold pearl overspray. And had 3 coats of clear on top of that...

Here its on its way down with the matching chute..

Dennis

View attachment Level 3 recovery.JPG

Denis,

Congratulations on your level 3 cert flight. From, the pictures, it appears to have been a nice flight to see.

Thanks for all the kudo's...

Just sent my TRA paperwork in with a picture for a custom card.. Has anybody gotten one of those yet and how did it turn out?

Dennis

Congrats Dennis; question: What are the components that make up the rocket? That is one B-E-A-Utiful rocket!

Johnnie

I used a 6 inch fiberglass cone from Performance rocketry, and 6 inch tubes that are wrapped in 2 layers of glass from Giant Leap.. The fins are 1/8 inch G-10 custom cut and bevel on all edges (sharp enough to cut) that are glassed on also.. The couplers have internal wraps of glass for strenght.. All with a 4 inch motor mount. Took my time and got it in at 44 pounds loaded for flight so subtract out a M1850 GG and case , it weighs in at roughly 32 pounds for a 12 foot rocket.. Worked real hard to keep the weight down with a ton of strength. I could fly an N in this thing...

Paint was Black with a gold pearl overspray, and the red is a Gold base with a blood red candy apple applied over it, with 3 coats of clear. Lee is a fantastic painter... The red glows like the light source is under the paint and the black looks like alien metal in the sunshine.

Dennis

Congrats Dennis! Looks like a really sweet bird. Any plans for a follow-up flight? What's the smallest motor you would fly in it?

Congrats Dennis! Looks like a really sweet bird. Any plans for a follow-up flight? What's the smallest motor you would fly in it?

Yes, I could fly it on a small L or big K.. Going to fly it again probably in 2 months on something like that.. Got another Kit to help the wife build hers.. It comes next...

dennis

Back