Clubs in Arkansas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race58

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any clubs in N/E Arkansas or S/E Missouri (Bootheel)?

I know there's no rocketry clubs in s/e Missouri. There's only three in Missouri total (St. Louis, St. Peters, & Columbia).

No Tripoli clubs in Arkansas. You can always start one.

Dan

I suppose I should have included Tennessee because I'm only about 65 miles north of Memphis in Arkansas.
If I still lived up by our kids in Chicago it would not be a problem finding a club. I know there are clubs in Wisconsin just north of the border and around my kids in the Lake In The Hills area.
Of course if we lived up there we would become the permanent babysitters:D

Thanks, I will try and go to the next launch. I think it is the weekend of the 13th if their website countdown is right. I will call the club of course before I go.

Thanks for the info.

It is my understanding that they do it all but I haven't launched with them yet,
the Saturday I went the launch was cancled.

Here is there website.

https://www.midsouthrockets.com/

My experience here in the Texas area with HP launches is that most (but not
all) usually welcome standard model rocket (1/4A - E) launches along with HPR. So you shouldn't have any problem there....

Thanks, I will try and go to the next launch. I think it is the weekend of the 13th if their website countdown is right. I will call the club of course before I go.

Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome.....
Too bad we can't start our own "Home Grown" club.

I used to live in Jonesboro, AR before relocating to NC about 5 years ago.We had a small NAR section. There used to be 2 other guys I flew with there. I know one of them still launches when he can. I will forward him the thread.

Thanks for the info Brent.
I think you were the one I was trying to contact from the info on the NAR site. I could never get an answer on the phone # and the web page doesn't exist anymore.
Did you used to live in Bono?
If there is still someone over there that would be great I'm in Blytheville.
Ed:D

I used to live in Jonesboro, AR before relocating to NC about 5 years ago.We had a small NAR section. There used to be 2 other guys I flew with there. I know one of them still launches when he can. I will forward him the thread.

Yes that probably was me. I was listed as president. If I dont hear anything from him in the next few days I will give him a call. Like me work can keep him pretty busy. I do have to say though, the rocketry hobby is alot more active out here in North & South Carolina.

Thanks for your help. I know what you mean back in the old days and even more now I never had a problem finding any rocket nuts in the Chicago area.

Yes that probably was me. I was listed as president. If I dont hear anything from him in the next few days I will give him a call. Like me work can keep him pretty busy. I do have to say though, the rocketry hobby is alot more active out here in North & South Carolina.

I know there's no rocketry clubs in s/e Missouri. There's only three in Missouri total (St. Louis, St. Peters, & Columbia).

The bootheel would be an awesome place for a club! I live about 45 minutes away, and frequently drive over to Sikeston to eat at Lambert's. It kills me taking that drive, and seeing those fields. It's some of the flattest, clearest land I've ever laid eyes on! But, there's just not enough population to support a niche hobby like ours.

Hi! I'm the "other guy" in Jonesboro (Valley View, actually). We did have an NRA section for a while, but there were only 3 of us that were very active and one died, one moved, and I'm crippled. Heck of a way to end the life of a section, huh? I still fly occasionally but I have an erratic work schedule and can never seem to plan days off to coincide with good flying days.

The MSRS (Mid-South Rocketry Society) in Memphis is great. The folks are all very nice and they have a flying field out at the Shelby Farms complex. They launch model rockets and mid to high power rockets pending waivers and NOTAMS. Go on over and give it a try, and if you ever want to launch in or around Jonesboro just holler. Email me at either [email protected] or
[email protected].

Thanks,I'll give them a look. Wouldn't be to far from me. I'm right off 55.
Once I get something built (might be awhile) I'll let you know.
I know what you mean about the time and the weather that's what used to happen to me back when I was heavy into this hobby 70'-80's. Got a day off and it was either raining, or windy, but I guess it was always pretty windy being from Chicago.
Thanks agin and take care.:D

Hi! I'm the "other guy" in Jonesboro (Valley View, actually). We did have an NRA section for a while, but there were only 3 of us that were very active and one died, one moved, and I'm crippled. Heck of a way to end the life of a section, huh? I still fly occasionally but I have an erratic work schedule and can never seem to plan days off to coincide with good flying days.

The MSRS (Mid-South Rocketry Society) in Memphis is great. The folks are all very nice and they have a flying field out at the Shelby Farms complex. They launch model rockets and mid to high power rockets pending waivers and NOTAMS. Go on over and give it a try, and if you ever want to launch in or around Jonesboro just holler. Email me at either [email protected] or
[email protected].

Ahh! Lamberts.
"Home of the Throwed Rolls". I love that place. It's about 70 miles north of me.
Your right about the flat land, that's all the Delta is,, Flat!! and for this sport that's great.
The bootheel would be an awesome place for a club! I live about 45 minutes away, and frequently drive over to Sikeston to eat at Lambert's. It kills me taking that drive, and seeing those fields. It's some of the flattest, clearest land I've ever laid eyes on! But, there's just not enough population to support a niche hobby like ours.

Back