MMX kit Sources

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tolppisouth

Reaction score
Let us suppose someone's wife travels for business and like to build rockets in her hotel room in the evenings.

Let us suppose she likes the idea of MMX rockets when travelling by air because of portability in luggage, etc.

Now let us further suppose she has purchased one of every Micro to the Maxx rocket kits made by Flis Kits (I told her to, she nearly had them all when I last looked at her order).

Who else deals in Micro Maxx kits before she runs out? She has a week long trip to Puerto Rico coming up soon.

Jim, you have a bunch coming out soon?

John

Grab a bunch of Quarks and 220 Swifts (or forget the Quarks and grap a package of PNC-5 nose cones). With those, and various lengths of BT-5, you can build a lot of downscales and unique designs. Either buy a bunch of mmx motor mount kits from FlisKits or make your own with cardstock. Either way, they fly great and you can do a lot with them. Check out this thread to get some more ideas:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6398&highlight=bt5+wrap

I travel a bit also. I have found that paper rockets are a great travel project and very easy to pack and carry. Most of the ready-to-fly plans are easy to pack - just print them out on cardstock cut them out(this step is important because you can't carry a x-acto along) and put them into a ziplock bag. All you need in the hotel room is some white glue.There are MMX ready-to-fly paper rockets available. Try the Clive Davis Rectangulator. This one of my favorite MMX rockets. Remember they are all FREE. You can find the download links on my website.

don't you get any grief from airport security for carrying the built rockets in your luggage on the way home?

Hmm...very interesting. I like their selection. The Micro Scrambler looks like a departure from most MMX kits currently offered.

Yes - a payloader. I can't imagine what payload would fit (maybe one of Zooch's ants?) however I have been interested in entering a MMX "egglofting" competition using jelly beans or paint balls.:)

don't you get any grief from airport security for carrying the built rockets in your luggage on the way home?

I usually place my completed MMX rockets in my carry on laptop bag. I think they look a great deal like pens. I haven't ever been questioned about them. I mean paper at least must seem pretty harmless.

I have order the Micro Explorer,Starlight, and the Eclipse from them about a month ago. I hadn't received anything from them so I email them and they wrote back saying "There was a slight delay with the
instruction booklet for 2 of the kits however we have received one of
the
booklets and expect the other on Thursday. There was some kind of
delay
with the company that does our printing and binding. Anyway we will
get you
order out this week. I apologies for the delay." So I am expecting to get my order soon. I hope they do some more classics.

With no website it's a bit of a pain to place an order, but I believe he lurks around here, too. Try Micro Classics. I believe the email is [email protected], and the guy's name is Stuart. They typically offer downsized versions of Estes/Centuri birds like Cassiopeia, Interceptor, etc. Most run about $10-12 and are a little tricky to build (mostly plastic/styrene). The best deal out there is a classics collection--micro versions of Alpha, Bertha, Red Max in one bag for about $12, though you have to turn your own nose cone from a dowel stock and no decals included.

Micro Classics List.

Micro Launch Pad 1/5 scale $20.00
Micro Andromeda 9.3" 3.25" 1/5 scale $12.00
Micro Alien Explorer 9.4" 3.85" 1/5 scale $12.00
Micro S.S. Cassiopeia 10.0" 1.375" 1/3 scale $12.00
Micro UFO Invader 7.675" 3.0" 1/4 scale $12.00
Micro Space Cruiser Excalibur 5.5” 1.6” 1/4 scale $12.00
Micro Dragon
Ship 7
4.5” 1.6” 1/4 scale $12.00
Micro Interceptor 5.5” 1.75” 1/5 scale $12.00 Sold Out ATM
Micro Starship Vega 6.3” 2.75 1/3 scale $12.00
Micro Assortment #1 Alpha Bertha Red Max $12.00
Micro Cherokee*2 4.75 & 6.25” 1.125 ¼ scale $12.00
Shipping $2.00
Total

Micro Classics
2965 W. Owasso Blvd.
Roseville, MN 55113-21

[email protected]

Yes - a payloader. I can't imagine what payload would fit (maybe one of Zooch's ants?) however I have been interested in entering a MMX "egglofting" competition using jelly beans or paint balls.:)

Micromeister, on the MMX Yahoo Group, posted a couple of plans for paintball lofters. Yes, they're on my list to build...:p

I tell you, micromaxx is a ton of fun!

that's among over 100 different free one page plans now, in the files section of the MicroMaxRockets group.
Many can be made with just a cardstock print. Others take some work.

Paintball or maybe "button Quail Egg lofters LOL! It could be fun!!!

I also have plans in there for a 1/4oz Payload altitude model and payload, that i've flown a couple times.

Let us suppose someone's wife travels for business and like to build rockets in her hotel room in the evenings.

Let us suppose she likes the idea of MMX rockets when travelling by air because of portability in luggage, etc.

Now let us further suppose she has purchased one of every Micro to the Maxx rocket kits made by Flis Kits (I told her to, she nearly had them all when I last looked at her order).

Who else deals in Micro Maxx kits before she runs out? She has a week long trip to Puerto Rico coming up soon.

Jim, you have a bunch coming out soon?

John

First, thank you for your business and support :)

As for other Micro to the Maxx kits coming out we have:

- Nanite (very soon)
- Mud Wasp (this year)
- Teeny Triskelion (this year)

Not sure what it coming up for next year but there is sure to be 4-6 new ones on the horizon after the new year :)

jim

We will find out Thursday when I come back from Lincoln, NE. I have at least one Quest rocket complete and am working on a second. Have a third kit with me just in case.

I did not have any problems coming out form O'Hare including having an Xacto knife and scissors in my checked baggage. We found a hard plastic case that fit perfectly into a small suitcase. Only thing I forgot was the plastic cement - hoping to find this at a store tonight. Plan to pack the completed rockets back into the case and wrap with a towel. Hopefully everything gets home without any damage!

Also, looking for any rocket kit that is less than 16" long upon completion.

Oh, and the Puerto Rico trip is two weeks long!

You might consider buying a bunch of parts from Flis Kits. Try scratch building or downscaling your favorite kit.

I just discovered this MMX stuff, I think I'm going to order some from fliss to start with and go from there. Too bad there aren't any -0 motors though, my first thought was that a downscale of a staged rocket might be a fun project.

It's possible, but I don't recommend it. I've tried it a couple times, and got it the first time from complete chance. Maybe Micro has had better luck.

Latest posts

Back