Would a public storage facility work as a LEUP storage location?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEdvalson

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to get a LEUP with storage.
Those public storage facilities where you rent a space (some spaces are just closets) are generally very secure, they have cinder block walls and steel doors. I wondered if anyone had any idea if they might be acceptable as a place to put a Type IV Magazine for LEUP requirements.

Any thoughts?

Don

I think that if you were to ask the owner of the storage facility if you can store low explosives there, they would first laugh at you and then say "um, no"

-Aaron

I was trying to figure out how to get a LEUP with storage.
Those public storage facilities where you rent a space (some spaces are just closets) are generally very secure, they have cinder block walls and steel doors. I wondered if anyone had any idea if they might be acceptable as a place to put a Type IV Magazine for LEUP requirements.

Any thoughts?

Don

Found on VanLines.com regarding storage restrictions:

Hazardous Materials / Combustible Materials / Aerosols
It makes sense that the storage company does not want items in storage that can potentially combust or explode and destroy everything in the warehouse.

Flammable, corrosive or explosive items including:

Acid / Gasoline Poisons / Charcoal / Lighter Fluid

Fertilizer / Paints / Car Batteries / Matches

Nail Polish & Remover / Ammunition / Liquid Bleach / Stern

Aerosols / Kerosene / Pool Chemicals / Chemistry Sets

Fireworks / Pesticides / Motor Oil / Paint Thinner

Batteries / Loaded Weapons / Weed Killer / Ammonia

Lamp Oil / Propane Tanks / Cleaning Fluid

It is a requirement on the LEUP application that if the magazine is in a rented location, that you have the prmission of the owner and provide their contact information.

Will they provide that? Probably about as much chance as a snowball in ...

Carl

Back