BSD 54 Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balsa Bob

Reaction score
Someone told me that BSD's "54 Special" is no longer in production, but I'm hoping he was wrong.
What I'd really like to know is if I can still get that kit via bsdrocketry.com, or anywhere else, for that matter.
Has anyone ordered from bsdrocketry.com recently?
Has anyone experienced any issues ordering from their website lately?
Thanks in advance. -BB

I've never had a problem with them.Always been great, now that it's under new ownership they have alot planned for the future, some new kits and some old ones dis-cont, contact them for details.

Someone told me that BSD's "54 Special" is no longer in production, but I'm hoping he was wrong.
What I'd really like to know is if I can still get that kit via bsdrocketry.com, or anywhere else, for that matter.
Has anyone ordered from bsdrocketry.com recently?
Has anyone experienced any issues ordering from their website lately?
Thanks in advance. -BB

Hi Balsa Bob, We are a live and doing very well. We have the 54 special in stock and ready to ship. There are a few kits that we don't box up because until they are ordered because of the space they take up but all the parts are made and only take a fews minutes to box up. Since we Just Rockets,Inc www.justrockets.com bought BSD there were a lot of changes that had to be made in order to meet the demand for kits. We have added a few new kits like the most popular Diab-Glo. The only night launch rocket kit to ever be put into production. "as far as we can tell" Now that kit is temp. back ordered because of the extemely high demand. We have everything to box them up except for the electronics package which I have been told should ship to me no later than the end of next week. I hope!!!. We should be releasing a new kit next week that was from the customer rocket kit design contest. We are also working on four other kits that should be released in time for Christmas. Thanks, ScottDiab-Glo

Attention: Due to the overwhelming response to Diab-Glo at LDRS, we are now out of stock and shipments will be delayed from 30 to 45 days.

Thank you for your great responses and positive emails.

Photo by Steve Jurvetson

Designed to be a Night Launch Rocket kit. The Diab-Glo
uses High powered LEDs nose cone and Fiberglass Airframe
along with LEDs lighted fins surfaces that automatically
rotate thru RED, BLUE and GREEN colors and all colors in-between.
Offering super performance on G through I motors, for
DAZZLING night flights that can be seen even at 4000+ feet. or just one great Day Launcher too!

DIAMETER: 4.0"
LENGTH: 33”
MOTOR MOUNT: 38mm
PARACHUTE: 36"
REC. MOTORS: G64 , H128 , H123 , H242
I161 , I357 or an I220 Skidmark

Kit includes:(2) pre-assembled “NiteBow” High power
LED Bulkhead and Centering Ring, (6) pre-wired Fin LEDs
1/4" aircraft quality plywood fin, centering rings
and bulkheads, a Fiberglass airframe tube
high-quality hardware package
38mm motor tube, plastic nose cone, fin
alignment guide, computer designed and
cut vinyl decals to add that finishing touch and a 36” parachute to bring Diab-Glo back down safe.
( Soldering is required)

Diab-Glo $179.95

Ordering Instructions: You may send a check or money order to BSD, or you can PayPal the order to [email protected]

Hi Balsa Bob, We are a live and doing very well. We have the 54 special in stock and ready to ship. There are a few kits that we don't box up because until they are ordered because of the space they take up but all the parts are made and only take a fews minutes to box up. Since we Just Rockets,Inc www.justrockets.com bought BSD there were a lot of changes that had to be made in order to meet the demand for kits. We have added a few new kits like the most popular Diab-Glo. The only night launch rocket kit to ever be put into production. "as far as we can tell" Now that kit is temp. back ordered because of the extemely high demand. We have everything to box them up except for the electronics package which I have been told should ship to me no later than the end of next week. I hope!!!. We should be releasing a new kit next week that was from the customer rocket kit design contest. We are also working on four other kits that should be released in time for Christmas. Thanks, ScottDiab-Glo

Attention: Due to the overwhelming response to Diab-Glo at LDRS, we are now out of stock and shipments will be delayed from 30 to 45 days.

Thank you for your great responses and positive emails.

Photo by Steve Jurvetson

Designed to be a Night Launch Rocket kit. The Diab-Glo
uses High powered LEDs nose cone and Fiberglass Airframe
along with LEDs lighted fins surfaces that automatically
rotate thru RED, BLUE and GREEN colors and all colors in-between.
Offering super performance on G through I motors, for
DAZZLING night flights that can be seen even at 4000+ feet. or just one great Day Launcher too!

DIAMETER: 4.0"
LENGTH: 33”
MOTOR MOUNT: 38mm
PARACHUTE: 36"
REC. MOTORS: G64 , H128 , H123 , H242
I161 , I357 or an I220 Skidmark

Kit includes:(2) pre-assembled “NiteBow” High power
LED Bulkhead and Centering Ring, (6) pre-wired Fin LEDs
1/4" aircraft quality plywood fin, centering rings
and bulkheads, a Fiberglass airframe tube
high-quality hardware package
38mm motor tube, plastic nose cone, fin
alignment guide, computer designed and
cut vinyl decals to add that finishing touch and a 36” parachute to bring Diab-Glo back down safe.
( Soldering is required)

Diab-Glo $179.95

Ordering Instructions: You may send a check or money order to BSD, or you can PayPal the order to [email protected]

Hi Bob, For some reason I can not get the picture of the Diab Glo to post but can be seen on other posts or on our website at www.bsdrocketry.com

DON, can you post a picture of the Diab-glo here???

Latest posts

Back