Your football team

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" :pirate:

Go Bucs!

I am Tampa native born and raised. The last job I held before leaving the state was with the team. Having had the opportunity to pace the sidelines during our games, fly on the chartered plan with the team to away games, and join the huddle in the locker room at halftime was truly an immeasurable experience. I had the opportunity to develop personal relationships with some of the players and coaches and have more official team gear than I'll ever need. For some fans the journey with their team is just as memorable. I look forward to football season, and regardless of my team's successes or failures, I'll always been a BUCCANEER!

ehhh, I was thinking this was college teams.

If it was then all I could say is;

GO BOISE STATE!! Owners of the longest winning streak in the country!!

Are you serious man? You live in Dayton so why don't you join the Who Dey fan club. The lions are *cough* not the best team I've ever seen play.

Yes, I live in Dayton because that's where my wife got a teaching job when she graduated from college. I was born in raised in New Baltimore, MI - about 30 miles north of Detroit.

To cover the other posts - Go Tigers, Go Lions, Go Red Wings, and GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

PackersLogo.jpg

Amen, brutha.

Are you more then just fans too, are you owners?

Stock Certificate No. GB065253
When I say the Pack is my team, I mean MY team!
DSCN0539.jpg

Go Pack Go!

Bring that to a launch, I want to see that!

Ben

For me, I always go with the local (or most local) team so I am going to have to go with Cincinnati. My son will be going with the Colts again this year.

COLTS! COLTS! COLTS!

They are going back to the bowl this year. And I get to see them in at Kickoff. :D:D:D:D:D

Bring that to a launch, I want to see that!

Ben

It's been at the last three launches we were both at. It was a little hard to see in the tall grass @VAST and you were a little busy fighting the rocket eating tree to get your duce back at Richmond.

If I remember, I'll point it out at the next one.

I'm not a very big NFL fan..... But college football, that's what I watch.

Sorry to bust in on your party, but check out my avatar....;)
See ya on September 10th!

Hehe was that a game or was that a game man!!!!! Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one intense game, but it turned out for the good in the end.

A good game, but they won because of a blown call. Don't get me wrong - I like the Bengals, but that offensive pass interference call was just flat out bad. I'm also worried about the fact that the Bengals couldn't really sustain drives. It seemed the only time they scored was when they had a short field in front of them, or the defense did it for them (with the exception of the first touchdown, that is).

Hehe was that a game or was that a game man!!!!! Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one intense game, but it turned out for the good in the end.
It was a good game despite the Ravens loss. Definitely an on-the-edge-of-your-seat to the very end.

I have a couple of things to say on both sides of the coin. The offensive pass interference call on Heap was just a blown call. Simply terrible. That should have been a TD to tie the game. Beyond that, who knows what would have happened.

Now that I've blamed the referees, I'll turn it around..... the Ravens just can't turn the ball over 6 times in a game and expect to win. We were pathetic in that regard.

Yeah, that call at the end of the Bengals/Ravens game cost the Ravens the win. There is no way that was offensive pass interference. After the replay's, it was blatant defensive interference. :mad:

It only cost me 10 points in my Logitech pool. And the 49'ers/Cardinals cost me another four. :kill:

Eh well, How about them Packers beating one of the NFC Favorites, the Eagles?

Now that I've blamed the referees, I'll turn it around..... the Ravens just can't turn the ball over 6 times in a game and expect to win. We were pathetic in that regard.

That's true. Turnovers will lose you football games, which was a HUGE contributing factor. But, despite the 6 turnovers, they still managed to find a way to try to win the game in the end.

Eh well, How about them Packers beating one of the NFC Favorites, the Eagles?

The Packers D could be scary this year. They usually start off at the bottom of the league and work their way up to a top half defense. They're starting this season looking pretty good, so the sky is the limit if they continue to improve as they should.

The offense though is horrible. There's no balance to the offense, no effort was made to put balance in the offense and the offensive line sure doesn't seem to show the signs of improvement we were sold on by the coaching staff. That being said, Philly got away repeatedly with pass interference, so it's hard to pass judgment on the offense at this point.

A "W" is a "W" though and you take all of those you can get against quality opponents, no matter how ugly.

The Packers D could be scary this year. They usually start off at the bottom of the league and work their way up to a top half defense. They're starting this season looking pretty good, so the sky is the limit if they continue to improve as they should.

The offense though is horrible. There's no balance to the offense, no effort was made to put balance in the offense and the offensive line sure doesn't seem to show the signs of improvement we were sold on by the coaching staff. That being said, Philly got away repeatedly with pass interference, so it's hard to pass judgment on the offense at this point.

A "W" is a "W" though and you take all of those you can get against quality opponents, no matter how ugly.

I agree. There were a LOT of just really crappy missed calls. Some blatant pass interference calls that were skipped. <shrug> Fortunately, our D and special teams was really able to step it up, which won the game for us! :D

But yes, our offense is looking rather anemic this year. Greg Jennings was out, which meant that we had to rely on Driver and a rookie for our wide receiver sets. And our rookie, James Jones, is a good receiver, but still not really ready to carry such a load by himself. Vernand Morency is still out, so we have to rely on a rookie running back, who looked a little timid carrying the ball. And our offensive line, man, I dunno. They were so good at the end of last season, that I was expecting them to start out of the gate being equally as good. I'm confident that they will get better though, and I think a lot of our issues on offense will be resolved in the weeks to come.

I was impressed with some of the plays that Favre made. He was scrambling to avoid the sack and just overall looked like he was back to some of his old form.

Back