• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Loki hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcsl

Reaction score
Who sells Loki hardware online?

The only places I've found are Loki themselves and Al's hobby shop.

Place an order with Loki last month but their shopping cart gave some database error. Sent them an email asking if they received the order and never got a reply.

Al's Hobby is a great vendor but they don't have the 54mm nozzle I'm looking for in stock right now.

Who else sells Loki harware online, 54mm nozzles specifically?

Marc

Who sells Loki hardware online?

The only places I've found are Loki themselves and Al's hobby shop.

Place an order with Loki last month but their shopping cart gave some database error. Sent them an email asking if they received the order and never got a reply.

Al's Hobby is a great vendor but they don't have the 54mm nozzle I'm looking for in stock right now.

Who else sells Loki harware online, 54mm nozzles specifically?

Marc

I have ordered direct from Loki...took a week or two, but Loki does sell to the general public...

See my original post, a have a reason for not buying from them.

There isn't one listed on their web site (only fax).

Even if there were, that doesn't answer my question at all. Where *ELSE* can I buy Loki hardware?

Thanks, Eagle3, I hadn't come across that site yet. Unfortunately, all of the Loki hardware shows as out of stock. Will bookmark for future use.

Marc

Try Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies [ not performance rocketry guys!] He has always had Loki stuff. I would call him,as his site is not always up to date/. www.performancehobbies.com Talked to him just the other day about getting some 54mm loki casting tubes.

What nozzle do you need? If Jeff doesn't replace my CATO'd case I'll have a nozzle I won't need anymore...

Hmm I have had good communication with Jeff Taylor in the past via e-mail and met him at LDRS, nice guy...

He is on TRF to..

But the SFSM guys are nice as well... Very helpful last year at XPRS... Just dont listen to his igniter advice ;)...

Hmm I have had good communication with Jeff Taylor in the past via e-mail and met him at LDRS, nice guy...

He is on TRF to..

But the SFSM guys are nice as well... Very helpful last year at XPRS... Just dont listen to his igniter advice ;)...

Why is that?

Chuck

I bought a K350 from him and borrowed his casing for it which was very nice of him. I asked what type of igniter it used, hoping he would either say oh this and I sell it or would be willing to dip me one...

Instead he recommends a thermite igniter which I unfortunetly used (or was it thermalite? not sure)... He instructed me to place it 2/3's the way up...

Motor chuffed for a long time and the rocket lazely launched at an angle to 14,000'... Pretty high but I was hoping to crack 20,000'-25,000'.

It also was at an angle which made it so the MC2 did not detect apogee, no drogue... Luckily for me it flat spinned down and was recovered fine...

jderimig, I'm looking for a #29 (for 54mm). I could use a #33 too.

I bought a K350 from him and borrowed his casing for it which was very nice of him. I asked what type of igniter it used, hoping he would either say oh this and I sell it or would be willing to dip me one...

Instead he recommends a thermite igniter which I unfortunetly used (or was it thermalite? not sure)... He instructed me to place it 2/3's the way up...

Motor chuffed for a long time and the rocket lazely launched at an angle to 14,000'... Pretty high but I was hoping to crack 20,000'-25,000'.

It also was at an angle which made it so the MC2 did not detect apogee, no drogue... Luckily for me it flat spinned down and was recovered fine...

If it was thermite I see installation problems and possibly a breached containment problem, I've never, NEVER seen thermite chuff when installed properly.....if it was thermalite, dunno what the 2/3s was all about....the only way I take igniter advise is if the offerer built the motor, if it's a pure sale I'm on my own and will listen but usually use my own experience to make it go. I blame no one if I am short on experience. I live, I learn, I don't blame anyone else. But that's my way.

You may have gotten the world's greatest ignitor, we'll never know.

Chuck

I may have but however he recommended it be used it did not work...

My experience is with standard high temp pyrogen igniters and a few other techinques that work GREAT... But I wanted a free igniter from this guy and he seemed set on whatever the special igniter was (it seemed like it was a long straw with tie wraps on the ends packed tightly with something)...

I may have but however he recommended it be used it did not work...

My experience is with standard high temp pyrogen igniters and a few other techinques that work GREAT... But I wanted a free igniter from this guy and he seemed set on whatever the special igniter was (it seemed like it was a long straw with tie wraps on the ends packed tightly with something)...

That was thermite. I've seen it work well on H motors, in the proper hands.

Forget free, homework is what's necessary. I'll take whatever you give me, but I make the final decision whether to use it, I've got the sweat equity invested. If what you're expericenced with works, then buy what you know. There's no way to complain when you choose to use it. Advise is what it is, free is what it is.....it is what it is.

Now if you're into experimentation, then move away from what you know and learn......and don't comlain.

Chuck

Back