98mm to 38mm motor adapter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianwalberg

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone out there recommend a good (and not too expensive) 98mm to 38mm motor mount or way of mounting a 38mm motor in a 98mm motor tube.

Thanks

Ian

Hello,

Can anyone out there recommend a good (and not too expensive) 98mm to 38mm motor mount or way of mounting a 38mm motor in a 98mm motor tube.

Thanks

Ian

you can get a 54 to 98 adapter and a 38 to 54 adapter.

Ben

Yeah, but he is looking for a 38 to 98 adapter. The easiest thing is to just make one out of a 38mm motor mount with plywood rings. You also want to figure out a way to make it secure but removable. I guess thats the obvious part.

That would cost twice as much,why not just make one, it would be much cheaper.

EDIT: I am saying this, because he mentioned "not too expensive".

That would cost twice as much,why not just make one, it would be much cheaper.

EDIT: I am saying this, because he mentioned "not too expensive".
good point. Just get 3 (maybe 4 depending on the MMT length) CR's. 2 that go inside the 98mm tube and one that gets glued to one to make a cap on the 98mm.

Ben

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do have the centering rings to mount a 38mm motor tube in the 98mm motor tube. I was however uncertain how to attach this to the bulkhead. One suggestion was to simply make the bottom centering ring oversized and fasten this to the bulkhead. This did not sound like it would be strong enough.

Back