Friday 13th bad luck?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagonative17

Reaction score
Has anyone had any bad luck being Friday, 13th?

I have seen mixxed results today.

My co-worker, had a HUGE fight with his wife here at the store and now is getting a divorce (no joke, he left early to get his lawer, thats why I was called into work today).:surprised::(

But I recieved boxes of my new performance rocketry kit Little Dog along with other parts for it like longer airframe tubing and coupler. I also got some other stuff for the rocket too, all today!:D

Any stories?

Has anyone had any bad luck being Friday, 13th?

I have seen mixxed results today.

My co-worker, had a HUGE fight with his wife here at the store and now is getting a divorce (no joke, he left early to get his lawer, thats why I was called into work today).:surprised::(

But I recieved boxes of my new performance rocketry kit Little Dog along with other parts for it like longer airframe tubing and coupler. I also got some other stuff for the rocket too, all today!:D

Any stories?

doesnt a rocket cheer up anything........:D

Well, kind of bad, but good too. My mom thinks that my grades dropped in math during the school year (about an A dropping down to a B/B+, I think it's no big deal, apparently not to her) so she signed me up for an enrichment summer school. It just so happens that the summer school is on Tuesdays and Fridays (which is today). So that's the bad part, that I had to go to summer school, but the good part is that it was fun (aside from all the learning and homework:rolleyes:).

Thursday the 12th was my bad day. Missed getting hit by a car on my bike by about 8 inches going to school, hit a mini van that pulled through a crosswalk going 20 downhill, had wires cross and spark a whole lot while working on a light.

I was ALMOST rear-ended today, by a woman who wasn't paying attention just as traffic on the highway in front of me came to a stop. She was either too close or too fast, and had to slam on the brakes and swerve so hard I swear she was up on two wheels. But she didn't hit me - so it's not bad luck.

I got hit by a car while on my bike on Wednesday the 16th. :)

Thursday the 12th was my bad day. Missed getting hit by a car on my bike by about 8 inches going to school, hit a mini van that pulled through a crosswalk going 20 downhill, had wires cross and spark a whole lot while working on a light.

There are several taller buildings that skip the 13th floor. Even the elevaters go 10...11...12...14...15

PS: The co-worker I talked about that is getting a divorce, said this morning before the fight that 13 was his lucky number. I guess things change by the second.:rolleyes:

13 has always been my lucky number, but then I like to temp those kinds of things anyway, cuz I don't beleive in them :D

Heck, my first ever date with Kathy was on March 13th, 1972

(do you have ANY idea what it's worth remembering that tid-bit of information??????)

All you married guys know what that's worth!

LOL

(do you have ANY idea what it's worth remembering that tid-bit of information??????)

I am not married, but I can bet that its similar to when she secretly sets the household alarm code to your anniversary.;)

I can add something: Seems like at every traffic crossing I came to today
(Friday 13th), I always got a red light. An unusually high number of motorist
were making bizarre lane changes that nearly led to numerous accidents (more than I can remember around here in a long time). Since I hold a CDL,
I have to be very, very careful when I'm on the road (whether I'm in my personal vehicle or commercial)...

We've had both injuries and deaths occur on Friday the 13th in my family. Of course, since the Red Sox lost last night, I'd have to say that Friday the 13th is very unlucky.

Are my priorities OK?? :D

Didn't really do much as far as I know. Finished behind-the-wheel part of drivers-ed, though :).

Wednesday the 11th was my crummy day. A spark plug in my car broke on my way to work, causing a cylinder misfire and very rough running, forcing us to limp back home so my wife could drive herself to work, and I could go get my car repaired. The day wasn't so bad; I found a very honest and reputable mechanic in Athens.

On the downside, 7/13/07 our company had a huge layoff. Almost 50% at this site.

On the upside, it wasn't me this time!

Ken

Well, kind of bad, but good too. My mom thinks that my grades dropped in math during the school year (about an A dropping down to a B/B+, I think it's no big deal, apparently not to her) so she signed me up for an enrichment summer school. It just so happens that the summer school is on Tuesdays and Fridays (which is today). So that's the bad part, that I had to go to summer school, but the good part is that it was fun (aside from all the learning and homework:rolleyes:).

Josh,

As a parent of 4 boys I can tell you that dropping grades, especially dropping from A's is a big deal. make your Mom happy and crack the books a little more and get those grades back to A's next year. In fact, push yourself and get ahead of your class in the book, it will help you with the rocket addiction you obviously have.

Joe W

long time rocket/math/engineering addict

Josh,

As a parent of 4 boys I can tell you that dropping grades, especially dropping from A's is a big deal. make your Mom happy and crack the books a little more and get those grades back to A's next year. In fact, push yourself and get ahead of your class in the book, it will help you with the rocket addiction you obviously have.

Joe W

long time rocket/math/engineering addict

I'm assigned atleast 2-5 hours of math homework and 3-5 hours of English homework everytime I go, so I hope it pays off. So much for a fun summer...:rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor. Don't get used to having fun summers off. Be miserable during summer. It'll prepare you for the real world with limited vacation and half the holidays that schools have off.

That said, doing well in math will prepare you for a career that'll pay better and actually be interesting while you're there. I suggest Chemistry (blow stuff up for fun and profit) or engineering (design stuff that's not supposed to blow up and have it blow up anyway) or business management (play twisted little games with peoples careers and minds). The possibilities are endless.

Where am I going with this? Don't rightly know. Just get the A's and life will be simpler.

John

Do yourself a favor. Don't get used to having fun summers off. Be miserable during summer. It'll prepare you for the real world with limited vacation and half the holidays that schools have off.

That said, doing well in math will prepare you for a career that'll pay better and actually be interesting while you're there. I suggest Chemistry (blow stuff up for fun and profit) or engineering (design stuff that's not supposed to blow up and have it blow up anyway) or business management (play twisted little games with peoples careers and minds). The possibilities are endless.

Where am I going with this? Don't rightly know. Just get the A's and life will be simpler.

John

Lol, you make it sound that life may actually be fun for once.:lol:;)

Back