Starship Vega build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I am building the Estes Vega from 1979. This is a complete kit and the decals still look good and I should be able to use them. This build may be a little slow because of my work schedule. I will post more pictures.

vega.jpg

I have one sitting in the bag also SICGS:
Since I have my Super Vega and micro as well I haven't taken the time to clone or build the standard size. Was always one of those very Cool designs.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a vega from Q Modeling and will be building it shortly. Looks like a cool kit. I'll be watching this thread with interest

Can't wait to see how the completed Starship Vega turns out. For some reason it seems to be completed Super Vegas that make up the majority of Starship/Super Vega pics on the Net.

Bring on the pics!!!

Cheers ...... Pete

So far build is going well, engine mount is done and the pods are almost done. Had to sand and even up all the fins.

vega001.jpg

vega002.jpg

The Estes fin alignment tool comes in handy.

vega003.jpg

Just she is built, just have to seal the balsa and spray my primer. Will be out of town all weekend, but should have it all painted by next week. This is a nice looking design and fun build. Should be another Estes bring backs. The only hard part is keeping everything aligned.

vega004.jpg

vega005.jpg

Top view looking down, had to keep everything aligned, the Estes tool came in handy here.

vega007.jpg

Awesome looking Vega! I have always liked that design...May have to get one of Q-Modelings kits..or maybe get lucky on Ebay!:rotflol:

Between work and seminars I have not had time to work on my Vega. I had the last 2 days and next 2 days off, so I will get here finished. Here is some pictures of my rocket with Krylon white primer.

goblinandvega004.jpg

After sanding the primer today, I was ready to apply 2 coats of Glossy White Finish.

goblinandvega009.jpg

goblinandvega008.jpg

goblinandvega006.jpg

Very nice work. I can't wait to see the finished rocket.

--- Ron

Here is some pictures of The Vega finished. I put the top coat on yesterday and today added the decals. These are old decals and fragile, but that was not the hard part. The hardest part was all the dang wrap around decals. They have to all be even with each other, that is tough. After cursing a few times and taking a break I finally finished tonight.

goblinandvega015.jpg

goblinandvega014.jpg

goblinandvega013.jpg

Back