New reloads from Loki Research

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki

Reaction score
Three new propellants unleashed!

Loki Red, slower burning with good Isp.
Loki Blue, faster with outstanding Isp. The new J712 38mm reload sets a new standard for price/performance. Over 820 N-s and still only $40!
Spitfire, noisy with sparks (who cares about Isp?)

There's also a new 38-120 motor. A 38mm G80 reloadable! Fly in Loki Research style with no LEUP or high power certification required! No HAZMAT shipping either! Fun for all!

Grab the new .eng file and get all the details at Loki Research.com

Three new propellants unleashed!

Loki Red, slower burning with good Isp.
Loki Blue, faster with outstanding Isp. The new J712 38mm reload sets a new standard for price/performance. Over 820 N-s and still only $40!
Spitfire, noisy with sparks (who cares about Isp?)

There's also a new 38-120 motor. A 38mm G80 reloadable! Fly in Loki Research style with no LEUP or high power certification required! No HAZMAT shipping either! Fun for all!

Grab the new .eng file and get all the details at Loki Research.com

How do you "adjust" the delays on your motors? Do you drill them? Is there a tool out there like the CTI DAT?

In case Jeff doesn't pop back right away, I'll answer for him. Yup, he has a delay tool, which IIRC is a relabeled CTI DAT. (or I could have checked if he was still on-line!)

schweet! I am hoping to get 3 of those H100's to put in my Fatboy.

Ben

It is a relabled CTI DAT, and the really nice thing about it is that on one side, it still has the CTI markings, so it's usable with both the CTI and Loki motors.

Any plans to sell just the 120 N-s case (and nozzle). I already have complete 38mm motors, and have no need for another bulkhead or snap rings.

If this will be available, I'll be ordering for sure.

Marc

Any plans to sell just the 120 N-s case (and nozzle). I already have complete 38mm motors, and have no need for another bulkhead or snap rings.

If this will be available, I'll be ordering for sure.

Marc

Of course you can buy the parts. I just added the case to the web store, everything else is already there.

-JT

In case Jeff doesn't pop back right away, I'll answer for him. Yup, he has a delay tool, which IIRC is a relabeled CTI DAT. (or I could have checked if he was still on-line!)

And, appropriately enough, there's a knob on the end of the delay tool. ;)

Great stuff! Just picked up the 38/120 motor and a couple of G80 reloads.

I flew the I430 (Loki Blue 38/480) at NERRF 3. Man that thing ripped off the pad! Great flight...

Jeff, it looks like there are thrust curves for most of the new motors in the new .eng file on your site. However, I noticed the I430 isn't there yet.

Jim

saw the case and reloads when Ken Allen stopped at our launch and I was SO close to getting them. If I would have had my stuff together I would have bought some cases and nozzles. Then I could have used them in my fatboy :D

Ben

I flew the I430 (Loki Blue 38/480) at NERRF 3. Man that thing ripped off the pad! Great flight...

Jeff, it looks like there are thrust curves for most of the new motors in the new .eng file on your site. However, I noticed the I430 isn't there yet.

Jim

Updated the motor file. You should find all of the motors there now.

-JT

It is a relabled CTI DAT, and the really nice thing about it is that on one side, it still has the CTI markings, so it's usable with both the CTI and Loki motors.

Could you give me the CTI to LOKI conversions? (e.g. -3 CTI = -5 Loki etc...)

I have 3 CTI DATs and would like ato adjust LOKI motors.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Back