Poll of rocket design and paint competition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definately. One thing, you may want to have only one category (LPR,MPR,HPR,Furriest,Most Unique,etc.) per month.:marchmellow:

I'd be more than game, but with all of the Carl Tulanko's of finishing on here, I don't think I stand a chance... ;)

Yeah I like the idea. We probably should have different contests every month to change things up a bit. The whole thing may go down the drain if the same basic conest is done month after month. :kill:
Just my two cents. :flybye:

That would definitely be fun. And it would foster the incentive to actually finish something.....

Al

That would definitely be fun. And it would foster the incentive to actually finish something.....

Al

Not only that, but also try your best at doing more than throwing paint on the rocket just to say it has color.

To tell you the truth, I have more time to build than I have time to fly. As long as getting the thing off the pad isn't a requirement, I'd be fine. I'm happier spending a good chunk of time building a Dr Zooch, Fliskit, or Launch Pad kit than I am worrying about getting out there flying (although I really do enjoy doing that, as do my kids). Right now I have a Launch Pad Hawk on my bench, as well as a Sunward Shuttle and a Semroc Little Joe (which I used wood glue on rathe than white glue, so I may have to start over.....) All of which need to be finished, and probaably won't be able to be flown until the fall.

Al

I guess this means I have to start a monthly competition thread. Oh brother... what did I get myself into?

Quick question: Should this be in the Rocket contest forum?

I thought up some rules/guidlines...

1. Header of picture MUST include, name, what kit or was it custom, class you are entered (ie: LPR, MPR, HPR, unique)
2. A BRIEF discription of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month.
4. Only positive comments to fellow competitors.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.
6. Can only have a rocket in competition ONE time.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of everymonth the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month will be polling on who should win in each class.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

One thing we may also want to state is that in the thread, the only posts are to be of pictures that are being entered. No"Nice job" or 'I really like that". It would take up too much room, and votes should be based on your wn poinion, not what someone else said. Maybe, we could open July up as the first month since we are only a few days into it. For criteria, how about coolest overall rocket, and any level.

And Yes, I think it would be best in the rocket contest forum.

Ok, I will set it up as soon as I can!

EDIT: for those of you who voted NO, we would like to hear your opinion. Your opinion is still greatly appreciated.

Its Official! Check Out The Rocket Contest Forum. We Need People Especially For The 1st One So We Can Jump Start The Rest To Come.

Do we really have enough active builders to *sustain* a reasonable number of entries in each class, each month? (These contests tend to start off with a bang and then kind of whimper-out after a few months.)

Maybe we should only do one category per month, and rotate through the categories. That way we will be a little more likely to have multiple entries in each, as it comes around. And the winner (weiner?) who claims the title gets to flaunt it for a little longer period.

What about adding a 'scale' category?

Does 'unique' include oddball?

Do we want to coordinate any of these contests with upcoming calendar events (halloween, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, etc)?

Lot of votes for 'yes' I see...And Ian has opened the contest in the 'Contests' forum! Only 2 entries so far..Ian and mine! So come on, show off some! :)

This month is just a trial. Any rocket counts.

Later on we will probobly have holiday themes, color schemes, scale, etc. Right now we just need the contest to start rolling. Once it is up to par, then we can get crazy.

Oddball counts as unique. Unique will be anything that isn't a "normal rocket".

I think there should possibly be a best scratch build in consideration for low and mid power groups... As well as a Best Overbuilding contest for those of us who like to build 'durably'.

Not sure where people like me who extensively modify kits would fall into, but w/e the contest idea is good in my opinion and things like where does MY rocket fall into can be sorted out latter.

We need to have enough people first, otherwise there will be no competition when it comes time to vote. If there are too many classes and too few people, well... you get the idea.

This month will be just the basics. Lets make sure we have enough people first.

Back