We all love fireworks. Show us your picts.--WARNING: LONG LOAD TIMES

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketry nut

Reaction score
Beware, this will be a very large photo thread. I went to a small display tonight and thought I'd share a little of what I saw. I took 50 shots, but will only show 17 or so. The camera wouldn't turn on for the grand finale for some reason, but I'll have another chance on the 4th. I hope you enjoy these and please post your own shots if you get any. Some are a little shaky due to having to hold the camera by hand with a 2 second exposure.
DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0552.jpg

These are mine. Try to beat these. I'll get more on the 4th and those should be better since I'll be at the park that they're launching from.

Those are pretty darn awesome for 2 second hand hold! :adore:

heres a little video of one of my homemade ones i shipped together (the guy in the pictures is my uncle) :biggrin:

Ben

Where's the video Ben?:surprised:Helps to ATTACH the file to the post-nudge, wink, wink...:lol:

Yeah Ben. Come on man. You said video so we want video. No excuses this time. LOL:lol: :rolleyes: J/K It's good to have a kid to pick on sometimes.

Those are pretty darn awesome for 2 second hand hold! :adore:

Hey thanks. I was able to rest my elbows on my knees which helped, but still wasn't perfect. If I can just find our tripod before the 4th then all will be better.

What kind of camera did you use for those Patrick?

The camera is my Coolpix L4. It has a fireworks mode with a 2 second exposure. I had to hold the camera while sitting down and rest my elbows on my knees for a tripod. Not the best, but not bad either. :five:

Those are about as stable as I think I've ever seen for handheld.

Nice job :)

The camera is my Coolpix L4. It has a fireworks mode with a 2 second exposure. I had to hold the camera while sitting down and rest my elbows on my knees for a tripod. Not the best, but not bad either. :five:

Here's a neat trick I learned years ago for a cheap portable "tripod" (think functionality)... Get a bag of beans from the grocery store...

Set the bag down and your camera on top of the bag. You can point it most anywhere you want and it will settle into the bag of beans and remain stable while taking the pix. Small, light weight, and you can cook'em up if you want to... :)

Anything from Jim has to be pretty good. Right? LOL:alberteinstein: That's a very interesting idea. I may have to try it sometime, but will need to bring a lawn chair or something to place it on. I really don't feel like laying on my stomach in a parking lot or small grass patch to get pictures.

Well you could always lay on your back, with head propped up and brace your elbows on the ground..Just an idea..I have some awesome fireworks I took a video of when I was in Germany years ago..I got it on DVD-now to find the DVD!:lol:

saturday night we shot off 2000lbs for the annual show. pics/video will be uploaded to me shortly, all i can say is...it was crazy...

Here's a neat trick I learned years ago for a cheap portable "tripod" (think functionality)... Get a bag of beans from the grocery store...

Set the bag down and your camera on top of the bag. You can point it most anywhere you want and it will settle into the bag of beans and remain stable while taking the pix. Small, light weight, and you can cook'em up if you want to... :)

DON'T COOK THE BEANS UNTIL AFTER YOU TAKE THE PICTURES!

saturday night we shot off 2000lbs for the annual show. pics/video will be uploaded to me shortly, all i can say is...it was crazy...

Only 2000lbs? LOL That's nothing. You should come to Cincinnati on Labor Day. We have the WEBN fireworks display on the Ohio River. They light 7500 shells that equal 50,000lbs of fireworks. The grand finale is like 5 minutes long. The last time my family went was when I was a baby because of the huge crowds(last year had 400,000+), but they have it on tv. My dad has a good chance of getting a nice private place away from the crowds this year. If that works out then we're going. I found these photos on the internet of last years show. https://www.flickr.com/photos/damongreen/sets/72157594271350051/

BTW if you have any shots of your display please post them.

well, im sure 2000 pales in comparison to 50,000, however, these were all consumer fireworks, electronically fired, with close to 500 mortar shells...lots of cakes...etc...really nice display. best part was it was a BBQ, in a fireworks friendly state, plenty of refreshments, hehehe...and the fireworks went for about 35-40 minutes. it was really cool. the guy who photo'd it had a really REALLY nice camera, so im sure the photos are going to be phenominal. still waiting on them though. once i get them i'll definately upload em.

After an awesome concert( Asia and Kansas) we saw a good fireworks show. I took 110 shots and will sort through them tomorrow for the best ones to show you guys. I may have to start a new thread since this one already has too many. Since you guys hate waiting, here is a tiny sample of what I saw.
DSCN0593.jpg

Nice! :) Couldn't find the DVD I thought I had made of the fireworks display I taped in Germany...Found the VHS tape tho..Guess the DVD recorder and VCR come out of storage to cut another DVD...lol

Back