"Always Ready rocketry" Phoenix 2.0 rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the "Always ready Rocketry" Phoenix 2.0 rocket that they sell? I am thinking about getting that one and getting a electronics bay. I want to start using electronics in a 3 inch rocket first. I know it comes in blue tube and can anyone tell me about the stuff ans overall pros and cons of that rocket.

So...a bunch of views with no responses gives me the feeling that nobody here has one. I don't either but I will try my best.

Looking at the specs of the kit, the airframe should be much stronger than needed. BlueTube is super tough so you are good to go there. With 1/4" fins you are a bit on the thick side for that size airframe but the plus side is they won't flutter off and the thickness should help with preventing landing damage. Sounds like it comes with everything needed to assemble it which is also a plus. The electronics bay kit also looks very complete. I would email Randy and see if he would do a package deal for you so you don't end up with extra parts. About the only 'con' I see is that nosecone. I would bet it is Performance Rocketry so you would have to be a bit careful with it and not beat it up too bad. Those cones have a bit of a reputation for cracking. But don't slam it into the ground and you should be fine.

Before assembling determine your motor retention. Aeropack are great, but pricey. Slimlines are very similar to Aeropack. 38mm in a 3" tube still leaves plenty of room for Kaplow clips which is my preferred method of retention. Easy, inexpensive and I bend my clips out of brass flat stock so they fit my closures perfectly.

All in all looks like a great kit for the price. Plus not every one will have one at your local field which will make it unique.

Back