Aeropack 75mm-98mm Tailcone Rocksim File

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraice

Reaction score
Anyone have a file or the data to make one?

Also how many inches does the motor mount stick out behind the airframe?

Here is a design with the AeroPak 75-98mm tail cone retainer incorporated into it. I am not sure about the motor overhang which was set to 1/2 inch.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by jraice
Anyone have a file or the data to make one?

Also how many inches does the motor mount stick out behind the airframe?

My M1400 Pro75 motor does not overhang outside of the tail cone. So I just make a transition section in Rocksim and took the mmt out to it with 0 overhang on the motor.

So Jordan, based on your post in the other thread about 75mm motor casings, your building a 4" bird to fly the AT or Cesaroni 75mm M on?

They are a nice combo, I flew mine last year at XPRS.

Thinking about doing a PR Competitor 4 kit, test flight on a K1100T or a K550, then the big flight on the M1315.

It is a pretty decent performance rocket but will not be built super light, will have an MC2, an MAWD... Each one with one e-match going into a rouse tech CD3 ejection system. Lastly the lengthy 11" alt bay will hold a GPS tracking system from my 54mm rocket...

This summer I will be making this rocket for XPRS, and my 4" upscale interceptor for a launch in October... And if time permits we are working on some sugar motor tests and maybe a flight at the end of the year.

Should be an awesome rocket summer! And I just got a summer job to help pay for it all ;)

So yeah I am considering using the tailcone retainer but I saw some pics of the standard 75mm aeropack on the rocket and with the mounting screws and all it looks very high tech... but the tailcone would look cleaner...

Also the cap of the standard retainer is just a bit smaller then 4" OD so it wont be adding any extra drag or strange apperance (like it would on a minimum diameter rocket)...

Originally posted by jraice
So yeah I am considering using the tailcone retainer but I saw some pics of the standard 75mm aeropack on the rocket and with the mounting screws and all it looks very high tech... but the tailcone would look cleaner...

Also the cap of the standard retainer is just a bit smaller then 4" OD so it wont be adding any extra drag or strange apperance (like it would on a minimum diameter rocket)...

The tail cone looks much more KEWL ;)

Check out the lowering on the Coker Pad here in this video:

Miss Chievous

The resent competitor 4 build thread, you dont think that standard one looks MEAN? Ill see whats available though, that will probably make the decision for me...

Is that a scratch rocket? CF airframe? I will also have redundant electronics but my big red bee GPS (its amazing isnt it!) will be with the rest in the electronics bay... Its a FG airframe.

That flight looks awesome... I think its a great rocket because I like high alt and fast, my dad likes majestic and slow and with the M1315 it will be going supersonic and over 3 miles, but it wont jump off the pad like my 54mm bird on a K1100T ;)...

Also we both love electronics and other technology, and I really like the recovery aspect of rockets so having lots of electronics and a CO2 ejection system is awesome...

Cant wait to start working on this rocket! :)))))

Back