Will there be many people flying at NSL on Friday?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxpower

Reaction score
I can't go to NSL on Saturday or Sunday. The only day I can go is on Friday. Will there be many people flying on Friday, do you think? I have never been to one of these before. I may or may not fly but I would like to meet people and watch but if Friday is going to be slow it probably won't be worth the drive (and the day off work).

Thanks

I, for one, will be there . . . but, you might want to go to this thread to find out a bit more.

NSL 2007

I'll be there working it and if no one is flying, I'll fly some stuff too. Even on our monthly launches theres about 30 people there. The 2 day weekend events that happen 3 times a year get about 50 people each day. A 3 day national event should bring many more people.

-Aaron

Originally posted by heada
I'll be there working it and if no one is flying, I'll fly some stuff too. Even on our monthly launches theres about 30 people there. The 2 day weekend events that happen 3 times a year get about 50 people each day. A 3 day national event should bring many more people.

-Aaron

What Aaron said...

I'm hoping for a relatively light turnout on Friday so the guys working the range full-time that weekend will have an opportunity to fly something. BTW, don't read too much into the full-time thing - you will be expected to sign-up for range duty and many of you will be drafted to help out.

Friday should be a good day.

Mario

Originally posted by mperdue
What Aaron said...

I'm hoping for a relatively light turnout on Friday so the guys working the range full-time that weekend will have an opportunity to fly something. BTW, don't read too much into the full-time thing - you will be expected to sign-up for range duty and many of you will be drafted to help out.

Friday should be a good day.

Mario

I was planning on volunteering for range duty. After NARAM 47, I know all too well how few people think to do so. :mad:

I'm planning on flying Friday. My wife will be taking the kids to the children's museum, so I'll be able to concentrate more on what I'm doing. Only big flight I have planned for Friday is my Small Endeavour on an H128, I believe. I might fly the clustered Estes Renegade as well...

If I make it there on Friday, I'll be tossing a few up.

I might launch some rockets too, I guess...

I'll be there launching offerings to the water, air, and tree gods!

I saw the list of vendors on the NSL site but I didn't see if the vendors will be there on Friday. I saw that Fliskits will be there which is good because I can't leave NSL without a new kit of some kind.

I really need a motor vendor though. I am pretty good on 24mm but I am down to only a G64, G71 and an F40 and that is not enough for an event like this ;)

Thanks

It is said that Wildman will be there the entire weekend. I think RedArrow will be there the entire weekend as well.

Give them a call. They're good people :)

-Aaron

Back