News Flash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagonative17

Reaction score
Thought you guys might find this a little odd yet funny:

A Washington DC lawer is sueing his dry cleaning company 67,000,000$ for losing his pants.

It is a real shame in this day and age to lose your pants at a dry cleaners.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unless they were billion dollar pants, he is not going to get that much out of this.

The worst part is that this guy is a judge!

Shouldn't he know better? Guess not:(

It just shows how much people try to get more than they are entitled to for something as small as a pair of pants. The dry cleaner place orobably hasn't even made 67,000,000 while in existance.

I guess since they lost his pants he's trying to see to it that they lose their shirt.

I hope he gets paid for the cost of his pants, an apology and not a cent more.:rolleyes:

Oh - but he went through moral distress and emotional trauma - those were his favorite pants :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cjl
Oh - but he went through moral distress and emotional trauma - those were his favorite pants :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! When I lost my favorite shirt I was devistated! for about 30 seconds till I walked to my closet to grab another :p

Ben

The real kicker in this story is that the cleaners found his pants..Then offered him upwards of $12,000 in compensation, for pants to a $1,000 suit!:eek:

As a judge he should know this suit(the lawsuit) is stupid, frivolous and a waste of court time and will be thrown out at the earliest opportunity(we would hope)..Makes for a good chuckle around the bar tho :)
:kill:

Originally posted by rokitflite
I guess since they lost his pants he's trying to see to it that they lose their shirt.

I hope he gets paid for the cost of his pants, an apology and not a cent more.:rolleyes:

He got the 67,000,000 because he said there is a sign out front that says "satisfaction guaranteed" and since that is false advertising, he is charging the the fine for false advertising for every day the sign has been in the window. I think its a either 1500 or 15000 dollar fine. He then added 1,000,000 dollars to it for emotional damages. As well as the cost of his pants+ the cost of drycleaning them for the next 50 years (or something like that).

Don't call me crazy but I think he's crazy.

Originally posted by chicagonative17
He got the 67,000,000 because he said there is a sign out front that says "satisfaction guaranteed" and since that is false advertising, he is charging the the fine for false advertising for every day the sign has been in the window. I think its a either 1500 or 15000 dollar fine. He then added 1,000,000 dollars to it for emotional damages. As well as the cost of his pants+ the cost of drycleaning them for the next 50 years (or something like that).

Don't call me crazy but I think he's crazy.

But if they found the pants isn't that satisfaction? AND 12,000!!

Ben

I don't know... Look what happened when that lady sued McDonalds for her coffee spilling on her and she didn't realize it was "hot". She won millions and now ALL McDonalds cups say "caution: contents are hot".

He might win this and crush the lives of these korean immigrants for the rest of their life. They will NEVER have that kind of money EVER. They will be in debt their whole and there credit score will drop to probobly under 100 :eek: .

I feel terribly sorry for this family who has to go through this. 67million is HUGE even for global corporations.

The McDonald's coffee issue was that when she spilled the coffee on herself, it was VERY hot (as in about twice as hot as anyone else's coffee) and got 3rd degree burns. This McDonald's had had problems with the coffee being too hot in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

This case on the other hand is just plain wrong and I feel a mis-use of the justice system.

-Aaron

I agree. It is a very embarressing example of how "well" America has it. We are sueing millions over lost clothing where other counties don't even have a chance to enter a fair court system.

It is definately a mis-use and its even more wrong that its a Judge/attorney that is doing it.

This just shows how some americans have no morals and try to squeeze every penny out of every situation. They try and sue either because they have a major lack of common sense, or they are just greedy pigs. The guy whose pants were lost would fit into the second category best.

Back