$2500 launch pad?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet the safety key can be removed when it is armed - thus making it illegal as a violation of N.F.P.A. code.

Originally posted by sunward
I must give the person credit for being persistant.

Listed again:

He's persistant or crazy?

I forget, does Ebay charge you an adjustable fee for listing an auction? I mean does it go up if you list a higher value item? I know that the closing cost is depentant on the selling price. If the listing fee is based on the value he's losing some money.

Yes, up to a limit for listing. No limit for the final value fee.

no removeable safety interlock.

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
He's persistant or crazy?

I forget, does Ebay charge you an adjustable fee for listing an auction? I mean does it go up if you list a higher value item? I know that the closing cost is depentant on the selling price. If the listing fee is based on the value he's losing some money.

He just answered my question a second ago. I asked about his claim that 8 AA rechargeable batteries were 12 volts since 8 times 1.2 volts equals 9.6 volts. I also asked about a removable safety key that cannot be removed with the key switch in the ON position. Here is the response:

"Check a new or fully charges battery with a meter they are 1.5. If they are 1.2 they are getting close to dead. I built the prototype with a pilots safety switch. I can always change that to a key lock. I was not aware that the N.F.P.A had anything to do with model rocketry"

Obviously a rocket scientist.

Feel free to submit questions and post the answers here so we can all get a laugh. This could become the best thread ever.

Holy crud....
It is a lunch (launch) box!

Oh, where is my old "Project UFO" lunch box when I need it....

Back