Who'ss excited about SLI??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacyr223

Reaction score
Hi all team members going to huntsville next week(or sponsors/other people..) Who's excited, other than me.. or is it just me?? cant wait to meet you all there.. or now.. or whenever..

teachers know I'll be gone
starting to constantly visualize the prep/flight
counting the 7730 minutes until our airline flight leaves Omaha
dazing off in class a lot more often
counting the 183 hours or so until we fly
counting a few other things
thinking I should stop procrastinating on check lists/pack lists

Yep. I'm pretty sure I'm excited

See you there

yay.. so I'm not crazy..... cant wait to see everyone there.. similar only panicking as I always do about everything that can possibly go wrong.. and not doning lab work in sci on my flies.... so yeah i would say that im pretty much as excited as you.. and I dont even care that I am missing the ACT test day at my school... very interesting for me...

I'm a bit anxious to see what all the teams have put together.

By the same token, I'm old enough to not be looking forward to being at the airport by 5AM....

Should be a good time!

-Kevin

I can't wait. I keep worrying that the motr will CATo on the pad. I still don't know when my flight leaves, who I am rooming with, or any of those detials. I haven't even seen the paintjob on my rocket!!!:eek:

I room with no man or woman for that matter.... lakewood only has 8 going and we have an odd number of females and males so I am not sharing a room if i can help it as I have strange sleeping patterns.... and i know my flight info and so much more but I can still panic.. it's supposed to rain and in CO that can mean snow...

Originally posted by stacyr223
I room with no man or woman for that matter.... lakewood only has 8 going and we have an odd number of females and males so I am not sharing a room if i can help it as I have strange sleeping patterns.... and i know my flight info and so much more but I can still panic.. it's supposed to rain and in CO that can mean snow...

Is is 2 to a room???

Hi all team members going to huntsville next week(or sponsors/other people..) Who's excited, other than me.. or is it just me?? cant wait to meet you all there.. or now.. or whenever..

Is it in Huntsville AL or Mansfield TN? I've heard both and I'm confused.

First lakewood is using the five rooms allotted and no more, so I should get my own room.. and second we stay and do tour stuff in huntsville and for one day we go up to a sod farm in Manchester Tenn. to launch our prized rockets...

Just found out my roommate. Our rocket's paint job is awesome!!! I will not even deswcribe it, but those going down, prepare to be shocked. I know some of you already know, but the R-DAS tiny my team is using will be on display at the rocket fair.

cant wait to see it.. by the way how do you like the RDAS tiny.. I learned that its had its fair share of problems but just curious... and lakewood is bring the disaster from last year.. pictures, recognizable rocket parts and all and we want to find our hole... the hole that the disaster was in, until we found it.. almost too late..

BTW, for those who are interested, I plan on taking the camera with me and trying to upload some photos from each day as SLI progresses.

-Kevin

I think the email today said it was at Huntsville on Redstone Arsenal. The team is getting pretty excited. We had to put our rocket on a diet to meet the velocity prediciton. Cut off 1.5 lbs in 2 days. Has not been easy. Counting grams and skinning metal sheafs off of batteries.

Doug K

Originally posted by dknight
I think the email today said it was at Huntsville on Redstone Arsenal. The team is getting pretty excited. We had to put our rocket on a diet to meet the velocity prediciton. Cut off 1.5 lbs in 2 days. Has not been easy. Counting grams and skinning metal sheafs off of batteries.

Doug K

We designed our rocket with 2 extra pounds as it is easier o add weight than to take it off.

I wish we could have done that. Our science payload and rocket constraints are such that we are pushing the envelope of what we can accomplish with a K motor.

From my group, this is not surprising. :)

Doug

I am so excited, except for the making up the classwork and homework part and the waking up at 3 AM th get to school by four to leave by 4:20... but somewhat sadly I am packed and ready to leave right now except we haven't packaged the rocket yet.. that's the job for tuesday...

We just finished installing the noisemaker to help us find it. Being on a team formed from a boy scout troop, my mom is driving me to the airport for 5:00. I am just wondering if anyone is flying through Dallas. We are, and we have a 4 hour layover.

I'm gonna say one day left.. cuz ya can't count Wed if you're leaving at 4:00 for the airport.... and yes I know lakewood is going through dallas... and I think benson is going through Dallas as well, in fact I think most/all teams go through Dallas

I'm gonna say one day left.. cuz ya can't count Wed if you're leaving at 4:00 for the airport.... and yes I know lakewood is going through dallas... and I think benson is going through Dallas as well, in fact I think most/all teams go through Dallas

West Point/Beemer and Benson are both going through Dallas; arriving at the same time (big shock, eh, since they're on the same flight... ;) )

I'd imagine it's easier for the NASA folks if the teams arrive in one or two groups.

-Kevin

Originally posted by troj
BTW, for those who are interested, I plan on taking the camera with me and trying to upload some photos from each day as SLI progresses.

So much for that idea....

No cameras, no cell phones on the Redstone Arsenal.

-Kevin

Cool; got a clarification... Only about a day and a half that cameras won't be allowed.

So, the camera is back in the gobs of other stuff I'm hauling....

-Kevin

11:03:27 and counting 'til my flight leaves!! in theory at least... but it's snowing/raining in Denver so departure may be delayed.. WHY.. stupid snow on the day we're supposed to leave......

Our Flight was cancelled. Right now, I am in a store at Bradley waiting for my flight to leave. Anyone else effected by the Tornadoes in Dallas??

Well to the furthest of my knowledge 6 teams have arrived, I am on one of them.. yay... sorry to all teams who haven't arrived yet...

Back