The Predator L3 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks T,
It won't be the same rocket, first of all those giant FWD swept fins always made me way nervous, second, such a big cluster is really a pain in the you know what.. I'll jsut re-build a simpler booster section fo it one of these days.
I still have a 10" Bullpup I need to get ready for that big arse motor..

Brent

Having been there to see some of the prep and the launch,
I wouldn't put the misfortune on anyone involved. It would have been a great flight but s happens. There are a lot of failure modes in a complex launch like the Predator on all 7.
On the positive side, the top section is good and a new bootser can be done easily to fly his next big motor.
Also, he had five other flights that were all pretty good :cool:

Having been there to see some of the prep and the launch,
I wouldn't put the misfortune on anyone involved. It would have been a great flight but s happens. There are a lot of failure modes in a complex launch like the Predator on all 7.
On the positive side, the top section is good and a new bootser can be done easily to fly his next big motor.
Also, he had five other flights that were all pretty good :cool:

If this was directed at me due to my comment to Chris I was only ribbing him.
This weekend I am depending on a freind to make two theralite igniters for my launch as I dont have a clue as how to make them . Thank god for freinds like Chris.
I do understand this may not have been the best time for a joke though
Point taken
In about 5 days I may be getting the ribbing.

Hey, I take no offense, so no worries Terry. I screwed up. I know it and can admit it. I'm just glad that I know what I did wrong so the mistake can't be repeated!

Chris, You guys are the pros and have been alot of help to me in my builds . Ill show you What screwing up is next week.
And it will have to be right in front of steelyeyed. Hes coming all the way to mich to watch his upscale 2 stage blow up.

Chris, You guys are the pros and have been alot of help to me in my builds . Ill show you What screwing up is next week.
And it will have to be right in front of steelyeyed. Hes coming all the way to mich to watch his upscale 2 stage blow up.

Nah, I'm sure it will be fine! I have faith!

T,
Things will hopefully go great, they should. Make sure your friend makes the thermite right, tell him what happend to me. Good luck!!! I'm excited to see and hear what happens :cool:

Chris,
No worries, all will be gorgiven once you get that new booster built ;)

As Matt said, S happens in this hobby. I like it when someone totally trashes a big expesnsive project and you see them just shake their head and say "Dang! that's not good". and walk away laughing about it while they drink a few beers.

Should be pics coming tonight. Will post to the on all 7 thread.

Brent

Back