The Future of Mystical Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WShoreRockets

Reaction score
Hello to everybody at TRF, CATO, and elsewhere.

My name is Bob Allen, and I'm the owner of Mystical Rockets.

As many of you know, I've been trying to get Mystical Rockets off the ground, and have, unfortunately, had several delays in releasing our first line of kits. Most of these are due to to some very personal issues. For many years now, since I was a kid, it has been a dream of mine to have my own rocket company. Heck, who wouldn't want to do that for a living? This year is the closest I have ever come to actually releasing kits. The parts for the first kit are bought, and just need to be assembled into kits, and the instructions finished.

Here's where the monkey wrench comes in.

Many of you have heard of the various health problems my family has had this year. with my wife having been hospitalized early this year, my father just getting out of the hospital, and my own health issue, although minor, have been a large issue in getting the company off of the ground. These issues have already pushed back a release date twice this year alone.

And now, a new issue has reared its head. My parents own the house we live in. And they have decided to sell the house and retire. So now, I need to move. Not exactly happy about this. I like this house a great deal. If I could buy it myself from them, I would. But that simply won't happen.

Given all of these issues, my wife and I sat down last night, and had a very long talk that took several hours. And we had to come to some very difficult decisions. One of them involved Mystical Rockets, and the future of the company.

Due to these issues, we have decided NOT to release any kits in 2007. I know everybody has been wanting to see the Anubis, the Tube Missile, and the Wendigo. I want to sell them to you just as badly as you want them. But given all the issues, and others not mentioned, I can not, in all good conscience, release them this year. To do so would do the company, and all of the hobbiests, an injustice.

This does not mean Mystical Rockets is dead. Far from it. It means that we don't have to make a large financial layout this year. This will give us the time to refine our existing designs, and to test several new designs, like the SF-119 Space Fighter, the Spear of Artemis, and the Trident of Neptune.

So, we'll be taking the rest of this year off, doing some testing, and coming out like gangbusters in 2008. We're looking at a 1st quarter release of up to 6 kits at once.

Thank you all for the support you've given me. I'd expecially like to thank John from JonRockets, Gerald from BoRocks, Carl from Semroc, and Al from CATO for all of their wonderful support.

See you all in 2008!

Bob

Good luck - I expect people will still be here shooting rockets when you are ready. Don't sweat it!

;)

Originally posted by uncle_vanya
Good luck - I expect people will still be here shooting rockets when you are ready..

*cough* "launching" *cough*

Hey Bob

So I still expect to see your scruffy carcass on the field once or twice n Durham. We can wait for Mystical. (Heck I will patiently wait for the 54mm versions).

Still, make a little time for yourself and come out. Do it for no other reason than to get a little sunlight and watch the rockets fly. You can fly a prototype or two just to tease us.

A

Bob if you have all of the parts I will give you bags...I have plenty. If that would enable you to release even one model I would be happy to do it. If you have any other specific needs let me know.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Hey Bob

So I still expect to see your scruffy carcass on the field once or twice n Durham. We can wait for Mystical. (Heck I will patiently wait for the 54mm versions).

Still, make a little time for yourself and come out. Do it for no other reason than to get a little sunlight and watch the rockets fly. You can fly a prototype or two just to tease us.

A

Of course you'll see me there. I'm going to enjoy beating you in the Viperfest.

And I need somewhere to fly the prototypes.

Originally posted by Bohica
Bob if you have all of the parts I will give you bags...I have plenty. If that would enable you to release even one model I would be happy to do it. If you have any other specific needs let me know.

Thanks, Gerald, I have bags.

If it were just that, I'd suck it up and release it. Just alot of factors. I just can't give it the time to do it justice right now.

So, we release next year when things calm down, and I can release 6 kits at once.

Bob

Back