Rocket hound

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Reaction score
Thought I would share the latest member of our family. Got her today and she is a 9 week old Shetland Sheepdog.

Perfect for retrieval of BT-5 based rockets. :)

My family breeds Aussies,(not brother and sisters). Most look exactly like that puppy. Somthin is tellin me that the dog is gonna get big and might think the rockets are supperer bones. What is the name?

We called her "Shadow" because she keeps following us around.

Fully grown she will only be about 1 foot high.

After the third sleepless night I am ready to offer her as a payload to any HPR fan.....

Originally posted by Bones
After the third sleepless night I am ready to offer her as a payload to any HPR fan.....

hehe. They can be annoying but I couldn;t live with out my weiner dog "bud" he barks at me all the time but I still love him.

Ben

I know... make a rocket named after Shaddow. Paint it like the dogs fur color and paint a little colar around the nose cone body tube transition.

Originally posted by chicagonative17
I know... make a rocket named after Shaddow. Paint it like the dogs fur color and paint a little colar around the nose cone body tube transition.
And then point to the rocket in front of the dog just before I press the magic button.....

Lol, shiskabob.:p But anyways, she's a fine looking puppy there. Good luck with her!:)

Yeah she is a great looking dog.... These Shetlands are supposed to be pretty special companions.

Time will tell if all my research pays off!

Stop complaining! She obviously went to sleep eventually...

Did your wife take the picture while you were at work?

:p

Originally posted by skippy-2

Did your wife take the picture while you were at work?
:p
Heh. I am blessed with three weeks holidays and I am on day 1.

We got our new dog in January and for 2 to 3 weeks she wouldn't stop barking. My parents put in my room for a day and I fell asleep at school,(not good:eek: ) Now it is April and though she has still a lot to learn, for a 4 to 5 month old she is pretty good. She is asleep on my bed right now as I type.

My first dog was a Shetland Sheepdog, his name was Trippy, and he lived up to his name. He was always biting your feet for fun. He died a few years ago at age 13. Shetlands are usually VERY smart dogs. Have fun training, usually its a breeze.

We have a Sheltie also, her name is Sprite. My wife picked her up to keep her company when I was sent to the war after 911.

She's all grown up now, but this is a cute pic after we brought her home.

1065304220034803917S600x600Q85.jpg

And here she is on the right playing referee during a play fight between my Huskies on a snowy day this last winter.

2176641100034803917S600x600Q85.jpg

Bones, one thing you can try that may help is to put a radio next to the puppy's pen. That sometimes helps calm them down at night. Of course, a heavy metal station may not be the best one to choose. :eek: Try easy listening or classical first. :)

We fond that worked when we were going somewhere. That shety is cute. :D :D :rolleyes:

Originally posted by falingtrea
Bones, one thing you can try that may help is to put a radio next to the puppy's pen. That sometimes helps calm them down at night. Of course, a heavy metal station may not be the best one to choose. :eek: Try easy listening or classical first. :)
AC/DC is easy listening.... Right? :D

You can't go wrong with AC/DC. Let that dog here real music is what i say,( worked for mine).

Latest posts

Back