The Micro Max Fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker5246

Reaction score
Here is our MMX fleet in various stages of completion.

Diminutive Deuce
Tog
Green Crayon
Dynastar Grappler Down Scale
Estes Ranger Down Scale

All fun to build. Can not wait to fly 'em. We still have the Intergalactic Man of Space in the bag and some nose cones and tubes.

Too Cool! Too Cool!
Is your Ranger a 3 or 4 motor cluster?
I'm just about finished with My TOG as well. Have a little more detailing to do:)
Not familiar with the Grappler is your down scale all paper?

Super looking fleet!

Micro,

Thanks.

The Ranger is a three motor cluster. The Grappler is BT4 based using a Flis nose and motor mount. The full size Grappler can be seen in the Mid-Power forum.

Nice looking fleet.

You will have fun with the Intergalactic Man of Space. It's a great build. Jim has a good tip up on EMMR for the body wrap.

Originally posted by Tucker5246
Micro,

Thanks.

The Ranger is a three motor cluster. The Grappler is BT4 based using a Flis nose and motor mount. The full size Grappler can be seen in the Mid-Power forum.

Great looking fleet :) But then, I'm biased :D

How are those parts working out for you? We're looking for feedback on our parts selection, quality and such. We seem to sell a lot of'em but we don't seem to get much feed back on anything but the kits :)

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Great looking fleet :) But then, I'm biased :D

How are those parts working out for you? We're looking for feedback on our parts selection, quality and such. We seem to sell a lot of'em but we don't seem to get much feed back on anything but the kits :)

jim

Jim

The parts are excellent. I was happily surprised to see Kevlar included with the motor mounts. The nose cones are high quality, of corse that is the Flis Kits standard!:)

I am planning to build a MMX Snarky based on your BT4 tubes, hopefully I can get to that before toooo long!.

I'll certainly second that evealuation on both your individual parts and micro kit parts....well shoot every darn thing I've purchased as been of the highest quality.
Very single nosecone, Transition and plug, centering ring and motor mount have been as near perfect as anyone could ever expect.
I'm particularly pleased with the quality of your turned parts. They are of equal quality to the parts I turn myself.
Please keep up the great quality and outstanding service.
Thanks for all you do.

I just need to chime in here too..I found out quite pleasantly how high a quality the parts are for Fliskits on my 1st and 2nd orders..The BT's are tightly wound, with barely any lines that need filling prior to painting..Cones actually FIT! And the balsa has real tight grain as well, no need for filler there either! Really top notch, top shelf parts! <2 thumbs up>

Thank you. That is good to hear. When I put items out (either parts or kits) *I* may think they are good but I don't know for sure unless others tell me so. John, I knew you liked them (didn't know that you consider them as good as you turn by hand - *that's* high praise :) ) but we've been talking and working together since I initially *planned* this line. The support is greatly appreciated too.

It is good to hear from others. One of the problems is that there are not a lot of people out there with FlisKits micro kits and parts. That is starting to change and feedback is important so that we keep doing the right things right and fix the wrong things :)

thanx again!
jim

The Honest John MMX kit is excellent, as are the 2 and 3 motor cluster mounts.

Ya, I want that Honest John kit. But I dont wanna pay shipping for something that weighs 8 grams. :p

Maybe Jim would send me a "sample." ;) lol

Andrew

Originally posted by Vicious-Peanut
Ya, I want that Honest John kit. But I dont wanna pay shipping for something that weighs 8 grams. :p

Andrew

Simple, buy more kits!

:p

Originally posted by Vicious-Peanut

Andrew

Buy some motors (the 5-pack is a *pretty* good deal) or, as suggested, just buy more kits :)

If it is really a concern drop me an email and we can discuss other shipping methods.

jim

I will probably just get the diminutive deuce along with the HJ and some motors. Shipping isnt really a big deal, but thanks for the offer.

This is why your one of the the BEST rocket companies ever.

Andrew

Weather has been very good for painting. Finished the MMX Grappler and the Ranger.

Keith,

Nice job on the Ranger and Grappler.

Are you bringing them to the next launch?

I usually don't bring Micro Maxx rockets along to Amesbury because I can fly them at home and that's the only time I get to fly anything larger.

But Tewksbury, being a smaller field, is where I'll bring Micro Maxx.

Bob,

Thanks. Yes I hope to bring them to the next launch. These were fun quick builds.

It will be interesting to see what field we get to use in Tewksbury. I agree when in Amesbury fly the big stuff.

Hope to see you there.

Keith

The Micro Maxx Fleet grows. First up a Bt5 Fat Boy! This thing is small.

Next a Quirk Clone.

Both have Flis Kits BT5 Micro Maxx Motor Mounts.

Here they are side by side.

And finally the business ends.

I love the Micro Fat Boy! Awesome scratch build!

I have to admit Micro's not my cup of tea, but admire you guys who can build and recover these models. Heck if I can't recover a Quark or Swift - there's absolutely no way I'd be able to find one of these puppies.

I have to admit Micro's not my cup of tea, but admire you guys who can build and recover these models. Heck if I can't recover a Quark or Swift - there's absolutely no way I'd be able to find one of these puppies.
Sure you can.

Just make your Quark, Swift or Mosquito with a Micro-Maxx motor mount and all of a sudden, they're recoverable.

I love Micro-Maxx for the back yard. I have a 150ft X 100ft open area that is just right for most of my MMX birds.

AK:
100% what bob said:
those Mosquitos, Quarks and swifts convert to EXCELENT micro flying models. Add a rear ejection pod to the mosquito and a teflon tape streamer you'll be able to find it for sure:) and yes I do get the No-See-Em back LOL...

MM Mosquito-Lp08b_After recovery_06-16-07.JPG

MM 319p03-sm_Quark MicroPower 2 pic(110dpi)_08-12-06.jpg

MM-322Lp02b-sm_No-See-Em Liftoff_06-16-07.JPG

I have added a few more. The Der Red Max....seems to be popular these days, this is the paper version. The tube was rolled from card stock, the motor tube and centering rings are also card stock as well as the fins. The nose cone is an Estes plastic cone.

Finally completed the Flis Kits Tog. The paint crinkled badly when I first painted it, I tried to sand it down and found it very difficult.....ok maybe I just hate sanding.:eek: So I added some gloss grey and left the partialy sanded crinkles. I actually think it looks ok.

The InterGalactic Man of Space.

I have added a few more. The Der Red Max....seems to be popular these days, this is the paper version. The tube was rolled from card stock, the motor tube and centering rings are also card stock as well as the fins. The nose cone is an Estes plastic cone.

Mine are 10.5mm body DRM, I think I like the winter camo pattern the best but the launcher gets most of the attention on the field;)

Don't know if you flown your Tog or spaceman yet, Your gonna like the way they fly, the Tog is a pleasure to watch and slow enough you can actually catch the flght on film.
Very nice looking additions to your fleet.

View attachment DRM base20d-sm_3 pic const. completetion Page_03-04-04.jpg

Finally completed the Flis Kits Tog. The paint crinkled badly when I first painted it, I tried to sand it down and found it very difficult.....ok maybe I just hate sanding.:eek: So I added some gloss grey and left the partialy sanded crinkles. I actually think it looks ok.

The InterGalactic Man of Space.

Looking good! :) My TOG got stepped on so I have to build a new one... It's the only one I am missing from my fleet (well, that and I haven't finished painting my Intergalactic Man of Space (IMOS)) ...

Let us know how their first launch goes (be sure to stand way back and keep an eye on that IMOS!)

jim

Back