Weather forecasts...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balltip

Reaction score
...for tomorrow are that there will be no clouds, low wind and (for the season) very, very pleasant temperatures. The launch field is dry and no longer soggy since there has been no rain for the past 10 days. The farmer won't be plowing it up tomorrow (I rang and checked just to be sure...)

Range boxes are packed, the battery for the launch controller has been charged as well as the camera batteries, and the launch rods has been lightly oiled.

New chutes has been prepped, three bulk packs of motors (one 24 pack of Estes B6-4's and C6-5's, plus one 10 pack of Weco C6-5's) along with a few D12-3's and E9-6's arrived in time.

Got a bunch (oh, three anyway) of new, not yet flown rockets - the Goony Iris, the Double Up! two motor cluster and my first saucer (very, very raw build - more of a "I got 10 minutes over, let's build something!")
Old rockets all in good shape, including my Quest EZ glider that has gotten a new streamer.

Word has reached me that we will fly everything from Micro Maxx's up through the E9's, and maybe even the odd E15.

Anybody surprised that I am looking forward to tomorrow as our first club launch for the year has been planned for 1½ months - and it is to take place tomorrow at high noon?

Per - feeling like a happy kid the day before Christmas!

Better late than never... This will be my last pot on here in a while (see the coffee house) but I just wanted to say that we had a GREAT launch!

Weather was so perfect it almost was silly, and I had to use a shirt - not due to freezing but due to the fact that otherwise I would have burnt my arms from the sun!

We got to fly rockets for an entire day, everything from MicroMaxx's thru E9's and we has so much fun! Well, most of you know that feeling, right?!

Ed Hartle's chutes skinz worked wonderful! I even tried one the "hard" way, packing it in the rocket the evening before the launch. It still came out as it should, no talcum powder needed! The others tried their chutes too and we all were very very pleased!

Regarding the camera...
I brought mine, but I did not take any photos! We had two fellas doing nothing but taking photos all day and that seemed to be plenty. They will provide the club with the pictures later on but as of now I don't got access to any of them. Shame really, cause it would have been fun showing what Sweden in April CAN look like. On the other hand we got some snow yesterday so the spring is not here quite yet...

Back