My kits, sorry long post

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I just got back into rocket models last June/July. I had some old rockets when I was a kid from the early Eighties, but most of these I have collected in the last year. I post pictures of my completed kits in bags, but I have a lot more that have collected that are not in bags and not in great condition. I have put out a lot of feelers to thrift stores, swap meet sellers and people on Ebay. They contact me before selling stuff. A lot of times they have incomplete kits, I see what they are and if decals and plastic parts are there I buy it. My dad collects comics so he has tought me a lot. I have a lot of rockets I want to build, so that is why I have a rule not to start a rocket until I finish one. I don't spend much time on building a rocket. Here is a list of my imcomplete kits and the kits I still want.
Imcomplete:
Raven, Scout III, Hercules, Star rider, Alien Space probe, Polaris, Gamma, Condor, Wolverine, 5 of the Goony rockets, Vigilante, Patriot (built) Vigilante, Delta Star, Renegade"decal and Nose only", Cherokee, I think Maxi Alpha" Have decal, nose, fins, parachute, Bt-52, no other body tubes. Sprint"poor condition", Mulit rock, Cougar, Astro Bee, The bat" built minus decals" Maverick, Stinger, Comet, Skybolt"no decal", Orion, Pegasus, Wasp.
Kits I want:
Der Big Red Max, Challenger I, Maxi Brute X-wing, Bomarc, Colossus, Interceptor, Cyclone.

collection001.jpg

collection002.jpg

collection003.jpg

Leo, I don't come close to what you have, give me 10 years.

No way, consider me the turtle, I will never catch up. Actually my collection is almost over, I just wanted to collect rockets that I liked from the late 70's early 80's. There are a lot of neat rockets but I will probably never collect them.

I guess it's true about BARs having Deep Pockets. I only wish mine could be so deep.

Well, not this BAR!! Deeper then when I was first involved in rocketry years ago..But that was when I had no job=no money..Now job=money, not a LOT, but enough to enjoy things once in a while :)

Wow, great collection. I'm jealous.;) I wouldn't mind having your collection. Rokitflite's got a pretty hefty collection too.:p

Good lord! Are you sure those aren't photos of a well stocked rocket shop? ;)

Originally posted by jj94
Wow, great collection. I'm jealous.;) I wouldn't mind having your collection. Rokitflite's got a pretty hefty collection too.:p
yea Scott has a "case" of each rocket ...heh

nice collection! thanks for sharing it!

You guys stop takin' bout me... I already admitted I had a problem!:(

Hey! Wanna trade anything for that Photo Disruptor if its sealed and in good shape?

*I can't help myself*:rolleyes:

That is a tough kit to come buy, I think it is because of the PNC-50X nose cone. I have noticed any kit with nose cone is hard to get.

Originally posted by SCIGS30
That is a tough kit to come buy, I think it is because of the PNC-50X nose cone. I have noticed any kit with nose cone is hard to get.

Lets see... Scamp, Multi-Roc, Atlantis, Alien Explorer, the Bat, Scorpius... I know I'm missing some others... What else?

Originally posted by rokitflite
Lets see... Scamp, Multi-Roc, Atlantis, Alien Explorer, the Bat, Scorpius... I know I'm missing some others... What else?

Including the Photon Disruptor, I think you have them all.

Dang those are some sweet kits. I was thinking of collecting old kits and fly them. :D :D ( I build to fly)

Man I would be all over building some of those kits. The trick would be to find somewhere to put them all without completely destroying them.

Okay, guys, this is the first time I've not wanted to see pictures on TRF.

Well, okay, maybe it's the first time my wife hasn't wanted me to see pictures on TRF. Something about loosing our savings . . . I don't know what she's on about.;)

Latest posts

Back