Glassing tutorial.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Visionary

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows where there might be a tutorial on using fibergass and the like. I know that I am fixing to move towards "playing" with it and I have also heard some others wanting info on it in different threads. I have a friend who used to glass sailboats and he gave me a basic idea behind it. I think that ya'll would be the better experience to draw from though. Pictures would be great too. I REALLY think that this would benifit a lot of people and put to rest a lot of fears. :confused:

I figured that I could not have been the first to think of this.:D Thanks, and I will post a like if I when I find it.

Tim

Go to the GiantLeapRocketry website and they have fiberglass and kevlar socks that are seamless. They are extremely easy to use.

You can also try VernK.com and under one of his rocket constructions it shows how to do it really nicely.

Ian

IIRC The Giant Leap socks are not really fiberglass. However, Aerosleeves and Soller Composites both have fiberglass and carbon fiber sleeves.

WOW... :eek:

I would have to say that he has been so discriptive that any 3 armed monkey could do it.:D That means there IS a chance that I can grasp the concept. LOL

Thanks Alan

Back