What is "ROL"?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Rocket

Reaction score
Seen many references to this. Have no clue what it is, though. Can someone clue me in?

Thanks!

Karl

Originally posted by Karl Rocket
Thank you, skycopp!

Of TRF, ROL, and Estes is there an overall preference?

...And don't forget YORF!:)

Seems like TRF is the hub for everyone and gets the most activity.

You'll get a variety of opinions on that question. Personally, I like TRF, and don't visit ROL much. Several others are the opposite. Estes' forum is sorta new, and I don't know much about it. There are also a few other discussion forums out there, such as Newton's 3rd, or the original newsgroup, Rec.models.rockets. A while back, a few members here even started their own spin-off of TRF. That one lasted for a while, but has since disappeared. (I'm intentionally leaving any partisanship out of that description, in order to not rehash the debate on the subject.)

There's nothing that says you can only belong to one or another. In fact, for vendors, the rule seems to be that the more you belong to, the more product exposure you can potentially have!

WW

Personally I don't care for ROL's cookie cutter "Nuke" style CMS layout. And the gray is so bland. Needs some color. Some snazz.

Dont forget Rocketry Planet . Rol has a good auction site . Thou not as good as ROL 1.0 its coming around sloooowwwwlllllllyyyyyyyy.

Well, asking on TRF, you'll likely find the answer to be "TRF" ;). I haven't frequented ROL, but the Estes forums sometimes feels like the "Keep watching the website for updates" forum. Then again, it helped me get resolution from customer service, for which I was most thankful (and because of which I'm now the proud owner of 2 Maxi V2 nosecones).

Oh, and it's not a forum, but another good rocket resource is EMRR at www.rocketreviews.com. Reviews of almost any kit out there (as the url might imply), as well as a variety of articles, and fun contests like the EMRR challenge ;).

-Rick

Originally posted by Maagic
Personally I don't care for ROL's cookie cutter "Nuke" style CMS layout. And the gray is so bland. Needs some color. Some snazz.

We don't disagree with you, and will be changing it.

The current layout was the choice of the previous owner. We've got a few other fish to fry, first, then the look will get addressed. It's monochromatic at the moment, which neither Tim nor I like.

-Kevin

Bring back proxy bidding,old feedback,and sniper guard to the auction site.

Originally posted by pyrovette20
Bring back proxy bidding,old feedback,and sniper guard to the auction site.

The new auction software (won't be released until the folks helping us test say they're happy with it) will bring lots of things back. Plus, it will bring with it a very user-friendly, appealing interface.

-Kevin

I love EMRR! Nick's posted a couple reviews of mine and my flight logs are there!

Karl

Originally posted by pyrovette20
Dont forget Rocketry Planet.
Rocketry Planet also has a very nice auction interface, complete with proxy bidding and sniper guard. Check it out.

Latest posts

Back