Why didn't anyone tell me?!?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
. . . . about "Ye Olde Rocketry Forum?"

What else am I missing out on?

Originally posted by akpilot

We crosslink stuff with YORF all the time! Ever since Springfield, MO got that Bass Pro Shops we just can't get you Missourians to pay attention to anything anymore! :D

Plumbing, electricty, you guys are sooooo funny. Not!

Missourian? Try again, more like a Alaskan employed in Missouri.

Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro Shops? Where the employees are hunting and fishing pros - in their own minds? Try: Mt. View Sportshttps://www.mtviewsports.com/.

If you can't fish for five different types of salmon, a trout weighing no less than 5lbs and longer than 30", a moose, a brown bear, a black bear, Dall sheep, and a caribou all in one year - and have three feezers - the rest is child's play. ;)

Let's see...

You have heard about the lunar outpost that's been up there since 1999, right?

Oh, and that monolith they found near Clavius Base?

Plumbing, electricty, you guys are sooooo funny. Not!

Missourian? Try again, more like a Alaskan employed in Missouri.

Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro Shops? Where the employees are hunting and fishing pros - in their own minds? Try: Mt. View Sportshttps://www.mtviewsports.com/.

If you can't fish for five different types of salmon, a trout weighing no less than 5lbs and longer than 30", a moose, a brown bear, a black bear, Dall sheep, and a caribou all in one year - and have three feezers - the rest is child's play. ;)

LOL! I knew you were Alaskan....but I can read your location under the avatar. :D

Yep, Bass Pro....I went to that place back around 1992 and found mayhem at the main store and the outlet across the road. People were buying stuff left and right, and some of it was marked considerably higher than their catalog prices! :eek:

Have you explored the local wineries in the Washington / Augusta area? If not, you are *definitely* "missing out." :D

Originally posted by tbzep
There's this big ole river over to the east of you....

Two actually (Missouri and Mississippi). . . see I'm catching on!:D

If you can't fish for five different types of salmon, a trout weighing no less than 5lbs and longer than 30", a moose, a brown bear, a black bear, Dall sheep, and a caribou all in one year

I'm curious

22-.250, 5.56mm, or 30-06 for the trout?

or

What reel and leader do you use to reel in a moose? Do you use a gaff or a net when you hook a caribou?

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I'm curious

22-.250, 5.56mm, or 30-06 for the trout?

Those trout are vicious. Nothing less than a .50 BMG will do. :D

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I'm curious

22-.250 for the trout?
Heh, not much trout left to eat after getting hit with one of these high velocity bullets. I used to shoot ground squirrels with my cousins in OR with a .22-250. They'd pretty much vaporize when hit. :eek:

Two actually (Missouri and Mississippi). . . see I'm catching on!:D
Well, except that the Missouri is south of you, isn't it?

I'm a St. Charles native, living in Houston, TX, since 1992.

Originally posted by JRThro
Well, except that the Missouri is south of you, isn't it?

I'm a St. Charles native, living in Houston, TX, since 1992.

It's both east and south. If I head out on 70 it's directly east. If I go out on 40, it's directly south. If I use 94 to the bypass, then it's southeast. If I use the Katy Trail it's northeast - east - southeast - south - southwest - west . . . well, you get the picture.:D

Oh, dude? Just so you don't hear about it on the street or nothin' - the Doobie Brothers broke up...

Originally posted by Loopy
Oh, dude? Just so you don't hear about it on the street or nothin' - the Doobie Brothers broke up...

You're kidding me?! Actually according to their web site - they're still on tour.

It's both east and south. If I head out on 70 it's directly east. If I go out on 40, it's directly south. If I use 94 to the bypass, then it's southeast. If I use the Katy Trail it's northeast - east - southeast - south - southwest - west . . . well, you get the picture.:D
Well, true... I *did* cross the Missouri when I drove to work at McDonnell Douglas Astronautics via Highway 70, now didn't I?

Originally posted by Pippen
Funk's Grove Gem & Mineral Museum, Funk's Grove, IL
Don't forget about Funks Grove General Store.

Originally posted by paulk
Don't forget about Funks Grove General Store.

Darn tootin'! Ak, no need to get there early to get a place to park.

Originally posted by tbzep
Those trout are vicious. Nothing less than a .50 BMG will do. :D

I prefer a 12 ga, but if I'm in a hurry, a half stick of dynamite will do!:D

Joe W

Originally posted by Nuke Rocketeer
I prefer a 12 ga, but if I'm in a hurry, a half stick of dynamite will do!:D

Joe W

...that is referred to as a 125 gram yellow lure ;)

I'd better stop reading before I need therapy. This is bringing back a bad childhood memory involving a teenage male cousin, a firecracker and a carp.

I thought boys outgrew this behavior.

I'd better stop reading before I need therapy. This is bringing back a bad childhood memory involving a teenage male cousin, a firecracker and a carp.

Having the "knowledge" does not mean one practice it :)

Never. As long as the testosterone flows, there will be idiotic, moronic, sophomoric behavior.

Originally posted by Loopy
Never. As long as the testosterone flows, there will be idiotic, moronic, sophomoric behavior.

Let us all raise our glasses and drink a toast to Loopy!

Here! Here!

a firecracker and a carp.

By the way....

Did the above statement give anyone ELSE a new idea for a scratch build rocket? If you point the carp UP, it's relatively aerodynamic....

Back