Snow, snow, snow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillCarney

Reaction score
Who ordered the snow??:mad:

Here I am snowed in, but I see that others outside central Illinois
even have it worse with some places over 100", wow!

Did someone say "Global Warming", I don't know about you but I
could use just a little more of that right now.:D

Well the snow and cold will help kill some of the nasty bugs.

Note to all in snow country, feed the little friends.

Birds are our little friends, without them the insects would be a lot
worse. So get some feed and put it out for our little friends.

Keep safe in the weather.

William

Yep, we're supposed to get hit tonight and tomorrow (New England)...

near as I can figure we should expect anywhere from 1" to 36" (they haven't a clue... :p )

I figure the best way to get an accurate accumulation report is to wait till Thursday...

LOL

Originally posted by WillCarney
Who ordered the snow??:mad:

That's where it went. I ordered it a few weeks ago and have been waiting for it ever since. Do you mind forwarding it on down this way for me?

Seriously, you guys hang in there and be safe. Build some rockets while stuck inside.

We're getting it right now - it was snow overnight, but the sleet and freezing rain has started now. Roads become skating rinks!

Originally posted by jflis
Yep, we're supposed to get hit tonight and tomorrow (New England)...

near as I can figure we should expect anywhere from 1" to 36" (they haven't a clue... :p )

I figure the best way to get an accurate accumulation report is to wait till Thursday...

LOL

That is just plain funny.....and sadly so true.

I was hoping (but I knew better) to get away without any big snow storms this winter. Trying to get a wheelchair through the snow is noe fun at all! :kill:

Who ordered the snow??:mad: ....snip
William

That'd be me. :D
I HAVE to get out to the Buffalo area sometime and see one of them lake effect snowstorms.
Eight to ten to twelve FEET!!!
YeeHaa!!!

Yep, can't believe I moved up here from Texas!

Got caught in Champaign last week with the 6" of snow. Drove up from Terre Haute (Indiana) after a client meeing late last night and it was becoming treacherous.

Almost afraid to go outside now. Seems to have been alternating between snow and freezing rain all day so far.

-Tim

BTW, since no other soul is at work and so the day's pretty much shot, I've started vacuum bagging my airframes for my L2 attempt targeted for NSL2007 in June.

Originally posted by dixontj93060
Yep, can't believe I moved up here from Texas!

When did you move up here to Illinoisy from Texas? And where from in Texas.

I came up here in 1997 from Granbury.

Originally posted by Nuke Rocketeer
When did you move up here to Illinoisy from Texas? And where from in Texas.

I came up here in 1997 from Granbury.

Previously in Plano, TX (flew with DARS down there).

I wish it would just make up it's mind!! I got 5 inches of snow lastnight, then 3 to 4 inches of frozen rain (not sleet, not hail, but the rain just froze on the way down and felt like I was being sand-blasted) and now the wind has picked up so its all blowing around. By the time I have my driveway shoveled, I have to start all over again. We're supposed to get a few more inches of snow tonight as well. And its not like we didn't just get 6 inches of snow last week or anything....

bah!

-Aaron

It's all snow here in Lafayette. Been watching the propane tank on my deck slowly disappearing all day. It's just about covered now and we have another 6 hours of snow predicted! The drifts in the front of the house are about 4-5 feet now.

Glad I went out and bought a new snowthrower Sunday. Hated to spend the money, but my back is really happy about it!! :D

People keep telling me I shouldn't complain since we've had a pretty mild winter in Chicagoland.

Tough -- I'm complaining. It was ****ing cold last week and I don't like snow.

Alright, I'm done.

For now.

I don't regret moving to warm sunny Florida, even if there are thunderstorms and a few tornados. It beats snow anyday. I love being able to wear shorts pretty much all year long. I feel sorry for all you snowed in people, especially the days after.

Mark

Born and raised in Central Indiana, Stationed in Iceland for 1 year (USAF), stationed in Duluth Minnesota for 2 1/2 years (USAF), lived in Missouri 15 years, spent 7 months south of Fairbanks Alaska......

I've seen ENOUGH snow!

Glad we are now in East Central Florida....for good!:) :)

It's snowing in colorado too. Again. :kill:

damnit quit hoggin all the snow! :kill: ;)

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by Nuke Rocketeer
Hoo Boy!! The ever fun freeway demolition derby!

I wish that was funny, but not here.

I just heard of a pile up on RT 55 between here toward Springfield
with at least six simi-trucks.

Be safe in driving and please feed the birds (little friends).

William

Originally posted by cjl
It's snowing in colorado too. Again. :kill:

Screw you Chris.;) It's snowing now and i'm expecting a whopping 1-2".:rolleyes:

I wish that was funny, but not here.

I just heard of a pile up on RT 55 between here toward Springfield
with at least six simi-trucks.

Be safe in driving and please feed the birds (little friends).

William

I agree, it's dangerous in our neck of the woods.

Tomorrow will be day 6 of a four day weekend for my kids. That's on top of a snow day and early dismissal day last week. Feel free to send me relief in the form of good quality dark chocolate. :p

Originally posted by Pippen

Tomorrow will be day 6 of a four day weekend for my kids. That's on top of a snow day and early dismissal day last week. Feel free to send me relief in the form of good quality dark chocolate. :p

or a baby sitter ;) (unless that was the dark chocolate ;) ) :p

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by Pippen

See, thats the funny thing. The entire city here has pretty much shut down (not officially, but still...) and at 4:30PM this afternoon, my doorbell rings. Its UPS with my order of snap ring pliers that I ordered in the wee early hours on Monday from McMaster. Gotta love it. They delivered when the Postal Service didn't.

I have a 1lb bar of nice dark chocolate you're more than welcome to (I don't care for dark chocolate, but have it for baking purposes). I'll accept rocket motors in trade. :)

-Aaron

And here I am further north than you guys and I have seen less than a foot of snow ALL WINTER! :D

Originally posted by sunward
We missed all the snow this year. Only a sprinking here and there ( sent it all to NY ).

But supposed to get up to 10" of it starting tonight.
r u a pennsylvania boy like me?

I kinda like the snow
No school tomorrow
So i can go w/ my gf to see the messengers
Ne1 seen it?
Is it good?:D

Originally posted by DaveCombs
We're getting it right now - it was snow overnight, but the sleet and freezing rain has started now. Roads become skating rinks!
I got canadian neighbors who made a skating rink in their front lawn!:eek:

Originally posted by jj94
Screw you Chris.;) It's snowing now and i'm expecting a whopping 1-2".:rolleyes:
We're only expecting about 4". On top of the foot that was still on the ground. From december. :rolleyes:

Back