Earliest known canted motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwattles

Reaction score
I was stumbling around on the web this morning and happened upon something that had a vaguely familiar look. Then it struck me: Could this have been a subconscious inspiration for a young Jim Flis as he passed by the corner bookstore? Something which so struck a chord in his impressionable mind that it forever haunted the corners of his cranium, until, like a grain of sand in an oyster, it became the pearl of rocketry known as the Deuce's Wild?

You be the judge...

cyrano.jpg

LOL

oh man, that is just too kewl!

I will have to dig deep into the recesses of my mind to see if I can recall having ever seen that before... LOL

Originally posted by jflis
LOL

oh man, that is just too kewl!

I will have to dig deep into the recesses of my mind to see if I can recall having ever seen that before... LOL

Jim
That's ok we all like your design better :)
please don't spend to time pondering this one Jim,could turn into a basket case.:p

John

Looks like the CG is forward enough, it could be stable... :D

Yes, but the 'astro-naut', even with Both hands out, couldn't bring the CP far enough to the rear...

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I'm surprised you folks don't recognize that picture. It appeared in an early work by Alexander Dumas, and was called the D'Artagnan's Wilde.

EDIT: :p

Originally posted by rocketgirl23
how about this one..
Originally posted by rocketgirl23
or the top half of that.

these were done in the late 50's early 60's..
Those were early, yes, but you still can't beat the 1700's in the original picture. ;)

And I thought I was so original.... :p

OH! Wait a minute... ...I *was*...

None of those shown were ever in kit form.

so there.
:p

Hey bro I just got to ask did you stick two straws up your nose and look in a mirror and go "Hey wait a minute!" LOL:D Sorry man I just had to ask. HE HE HE HE HE HE :D

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Hey bro I just got to ask did you stick two straws up your nose and look in a mirror and go "Hey wait a minute!" LOL:D Sorry man I just had to ask. HE HE HE HE HE HE :D

wow a kit out of a hangover ;) If he can think of a kit drunk imagine what he does all day sober :p

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by ben
wow a kit out of a hangover ;) If he can think of a kit drunk imagine what he does all day sober :p

thanx, Ben

Naaaaa....

Sober: Rhino, Flea, Triskelion (all good kits in their own right :) )

Martini: ACME Spitfire
Grashopper: Pheord X150
Hot cup of joe: Decaffeinator...
Paint fumes: (well, I haven't exactly gotten *that* one to fly yet... :D )

LOL

Naaaaa....

LOL

ROFL! You are something else ;) not sure if I am ready to meet you at NERF if I go :p ;)

thanx, Ben

Naaaaa....

LOL
It's a really goood thing you didn't get into serious drugs, Jim......:eek:

Back