Maxi Centuri Orion on AmSpam Cover

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkooch

Reaction score
Anybody build this bird? And, I lost my issue....who is the mfg.?

thank you

Kevin K.

Neubauer is the mfg. Discount Rocketry sells em (when they have 'em, which is seldom).

Initiator001 has built one. :D

Originally posted by RoyGreen
Neubauer is the mfg. Discount Rocketry sells em (when they have 'em, which is seldom).

Initiator001 has built one. :D

You are correct, Sir! :D

The kit needs the builder to provide a few items missing such as stand-offs for the three side tanks and a engine bell/nozzle/shroud. My decals didn't survive their application so I ordered some replacements from Phred.

The trickiest part was applying the vac-form wrap-arounds.

It turns into a very nice rocket if you take care. At NARAM-48 this one guy asked if he could have the model. I told him (politely) "no". I've attached a picture of this fellow with the Orion and myself. ;)

Originally posted by Initiator001
You are correct, Sir! :D

The kit needs the builder to provide a few items missing such as stand-offs for the three side tanks and a engine bell/nozzle/shroud. My decals didn't survive their application so I ordered some replacements from Phred.

The trickiest part was applying the vac-form wrap-arounds.

I noticed that on the photos I'd seen of that kit. Is that mentioned in the instructions, or did Neubauer just not know about those, or was he just simplifying the kit for no good reason?

What was tricky about the shrouds? Anything different from other vac-formed wraps?

Oh, and what lens is that on your 20D?

Originally posted by RoyGreen
I noticed that on the photos I'd seen of that kit. Is that mentioned in the instructions, or did Neubauer just not know about those, or was he just simplifying the kit for no good reason?

What was tricky about the shrouds? Anything different from other vac-formed wraps?

Oh, and what lens is that on your 20D?

Roy,

I don't know why Jim didn't include the standoffs for the tanks with the kit. They are NOT mentioned in the instructions. I had a copy of the Centuri Orion instructions so that I could compare the two models while building.

Nothing really tricky about the vac-form wraps other than I haven't done anything like them in 30 years. :D

The lens on my EOS 20D is the Canon EF75-300mm. I know there is a pretty vocal group out there that thinks Canon camera lenses are poor but they have worked pretty well for me!

Thanks, that answers my question of why I couldn't see any of my old threads... because I used a different username on the old forum.

Back