24mm reloadable options...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ_Ron

Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm just tossing out a poll of sorts here...
AT has there 24mm RMS casing, or which there are 'D's 'E's and 'F's...
I'm wondering if there is an interest out there for a 24mm Snap Ringed case (AMW/Kosdon/Loki) style for 'E' through 'H' loads.
If there's an interest, please post here what sizes you would be most interested in. I realize the 'H' is on the extreme size for a 24mm rocket, but I also realize that there are quite a few of you out there that would be considered 'Extreme'!! ;)
Casing size wise, I'm thinking: 35, 70, 105, 140, 175, 210Ns...
Although you can only vote on ONE size, please feel free to post your thoughts here.
Again, this is just to get an idea if there is any interest, nothing more.

Thanks!

A nice low/medium G end burner would be interesting in 24mm.

Al

I went for the extreme since I was thinking this morning about making a min diamter glass 29MM. If I could do it in 24MM and put a baby H in there.......Now we got something !!!!

Easy-to-light long 24mm's in the different color options would make you guys THE vendor for airstarts! I'd buy a box-full of 'em.

-Ken

Originally posted by als57
A nice low/medium G end burner would be interesting in 24mm.
Al

Oooh, oooh, yeah yeah! End-burning (or maybe a half-way core?) 24mm motors in colors would rock, no mater what length they were (though a mid-power (no cert no LEUP) case might be a nice place to start)!

-Rick

E's, F's and G's would be cool. Keep them below the 62.5 gram limit so no LEUP and no hazmat required. Maybe something like the AT 29/40-120 that allows for a wide range of reloads in a single case. End burners and moon burners would be great. With your selection of propellants you could probably capture the entire hobby motor market! Well, a lot of it anyway.

I totally forgot about the Cert thing !!! YAH keep it below the 62.5 for those who don't fly HPR. I would still use them for boosters on my big birds !!

I guess I should have made it clear in my original posting... I DO NOT work for AMW. I'm a friend of Pauls and a big fan of his stuff, but do not work for him. I'm more curious than anything, but maybe if there's enough interest, Paul will consider doing a few different 24mm sizes after he's moved and the other irons in the fire are sorted.

Ron

Latest posts

Back