is this a good deal?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
I recently got the parts for a 24mm and 29mm Deuce. I would like to put a camera in the payload bay. I found this camera for $9
from 2fidelity.com and it is cheap and light enough that if I loose it I am not to worried. I would like to eventually upgrade to nicer aiptek once I get into larger rockets. I am not a camera guru but will this sample at enough rate to make a fairly nice video?

https://www.2fidelity.com/product_PCM13.htm

thanx, Ben

What do you intend to do with it? Yeah, I know -TAKE PICTURES!! :p But, do you want video or stills? If you want stills, that is a good enough camera, but you will need a method of triggering the shutter. if you want to try for vids, I think that model will be a little memory limited.

Originally posted by SwingWing
What do you intend to do with it? Yeah, I know -TAKE PICTURES!! :p But, do you want video or stills? If you want stills, that is a good enough camera, but you will need a method of triggering the shutter. if you want to try for vids, I think that model will be a little memory limited.

sorry I do want to have vids. But I only need like 2-3min long vids since I can turn on and recover my model withing 2min (this is for MPR)

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by ben
sorry I do want to have vids. But I only need like 2-3min long vids since I can turn on and recover my model withing 2min...

Did you look at the specifications? The best you can get for the time you want is: "320 x 240 (LR) 120 seconds @ 10 fps". The higher resolution video is listed at: "624 x 480 (HR) 30 seconds @ 10 fps". Will either of these fit your needs?

Then you need to figure out how to mount to get the view you want for your video and also have easy access to start it before the launch.

Originally posted by Randy K
Did you look at the specifications? The best you can get for the time you want is: "320 x 240 (LR) 120 seconds @ 10 fps". The higher resolution video is listed at: "624 x 480 (HR) 30 seconds @ 10 fps". Will either of these fit your needs?

Then you need to figure out how to mount to get the view you want for your video and also have easy access to start it before the launch.

thank you for pointing that out. I think I am going to go with a nicer one for 30bux I saw. It has an external card so I can vary length. Its also 320X480 at 30FPS I think. After I looked I realized that 10FPS is gonna be pretty choppy

thanx, Ben

Back