Tower launcher plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Barney

Reaction score
HI everyone, I am planning on building a tower launcher that can be adjusted for alot of different diameters, I am thinking something about 6 feet tall. I dont have a welder, but I am taking machine shop classes and am thinking about machining alot of pivot points so it can just be slid from one position to another and then tightened down. I am wondering what others have had success with? I want something fairly rigid, because I will be mostly using this for 38mm and 54mm min diameter birds, but want capability for up to up to 98mm rockets.
I am also wanting to have a hypertek fill stem that can be added or taken off fairly easily for hybrid flights. (i know, i know, im demanding, eh?)

Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted on the build progress, I would like to have it finished by this summer.

Originally posted by Brian Barney
HI everyone, I am planning on building a tower launcher that can be adjusted for alot of different diameters, I am thinking something about 6 feet tall. I dont have a welder, but I am taking machine shop classes and am thinking about machining alot of pivot points so it can just be slid from one position to another and then tightened down. I am wondering what others have had success with? I want something fairly rigid, because I will be mostly using this for 38mm and 54mm min diameter birds, but want capability for up to up to 98mm rockets.
I am also wanting to have a hypertek fill stem that can be added or taken off fairly easily for hybrid flights. (i know, i know, im demanding, eh?)

Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted on the build progress, I would like to have it finished by this summer.

You might want to buy a copy of the eighth item down on this page:

https://secure.consumersinterest.com/nar/narts/store.asp?groupid=1080034635461

It has plans for a smaller tower that could be scaled up. The attached file is a picture from the report.

Back