Fantastic flashlight deal at Home Depot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Available at my local home depot. YMMV. I just happened to spot them in a large isle display along the front of the store as you walk toward the cash registers.

It cost only $2.97(!), has six white LEDs that are significantly brighter than the Harbor Freight 9-LED flashlights, the rubberized pushbutton switch (looks like a waterproof style) activates the white LEDs with the first click, the centerline laser with the second, and both at the same time with the third. Every part of the case is machined metal and well made. It uses three AAAs (included) in a carrier.

Side.JPG

Apart.JPG

Front.JPG

I saw that last month and really liked the laser added to the light. Only reason why I didn't pick one up is that it uses 3 AAA batteries.

I saw that last month and really liked the laser added to the light. Only reason why I didn't pick one up is that it uses 3 AAA batteries.

Why the dislike for 3 AAA batteries? 4.5 volts or low mAh?

N

well they are probly a decent deal as a flashlite but without adding some sort of colored filter to the thing white leds are really bad for night flying in models as they destroy everyone on the fields night vision and get lost easily with the stars under chute.

4.5volts really isn't an issue but the weight of 3 AAA batteries is. switching it over to lithium coin cells would fix that problem:)

Why the dislike for 3 AAA batteries? 4.5 volts or low mAh?

N

Well if you're gonna be putting it in a rocket then go ahead. I just don't like the somewhat uncommon size. I'm always looking for AAA in my house.

I checked at my local HD on the west side of Ft Worth tonight. They don't have these flashlights as singles, or for $3. They do have a few double-packs for $10, and they acted like this item is "old news" around here.

Maybe in your area it is a new item and it is priced low for promotional purposes?

Back