Help with rocksim file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
It’s been awhile sense I’ve used Rocksim so Im a little rusty. I put this together but when I try to launch it, it shows it lying on its side and it gets no altitude. What did I do wrong?

Dan

It's because you have your fin material set as "Custom." Choose a real material from the list and all should work :)

Thanks Nate, much better. This is a work in progress but ill post pics of it soon. Lots to add to the outside of the rocket. I got my idea from a small rocket I have. Its going to be the same idea. Pics to come soon.

Dan

Nate's right the 0 oz material causes the oveflow. But thats oone pug-ugly rocket. assuming its a "test"
J

Its a work in progress, Lots to add on. And I dont think its ugly.

Dan

I don't know, I've seen uglier. It's a bit bland for my taste (I like unique stuff), but definitely far from ugly. Should be a nice performer on F through H motors...

Hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder... If that stubby-tubby fat finned puppy strikes a personal chord, build it! :)
JS

Just wait and you will see, It already looks alot different.

Trust me

Dan

My rocksim file has a lot of problems with it that I need to remember how to do right. For one, the nosecone is attached to the upper tube with a coupler at the end of it with a bulkhead. I cant seem to remember how to put the bulkhead on the coupler.

Dan

caterpillars can become exquisite butterflies or ugly moths. I'm open minded. Keep us posted. The real beauty of course is not the looks but how it performs.
JS

Originally posted by Dbarrm
My rocksim file has a lot of problems with it that I need to remember how to do right. For one, the nosecone is attached to the upper tube with a coupler at the end of it with a bulkhead. I cant seem to remember how to put the bulkhead on the coupler.

Dan

Simply have the coupler selected when you create the bulkhead. It's that easy :)

When I click on the coupler the bulkhead button grays out so you cant select it. All the buttons gray out.

Dan

Originally posted by denverdoc
Keep us posted. The real beauty of course is not the looks but how it performs.
JS

Well that's also in the eye of the beholder... You and I and many others enjoy performance vehicles, but you'll never see someone like Jflis or Micromeister trying to set an altitude record, because they see beauty in finishing details. :)

And Dan, I look forward to seeing the finished design on this rocket... I have to admit it wasn't pretty when it started out, but if there's more to come I'm interested!

Originally posted by Dbarrm
When I click on the coupler the bulkhead button grays out so you cant select it. All the buttons gray out.

Dan

Hmm...

That's odd...

I'm not at my computer with rocksim right now, so I can't check it, but I can't see why that would be the case...

hmmm no, he's right.... it greys it out when you select the coupler individually.

Maybe I'm remembering the method wrong - I thought you could do that...

Here is a pic of the rocket in progress.

Dan

IMG_2377_%28Medium%29.JPG

Back