Rocket Stand

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Last night I built a new rocket stand. I got the idea from MarkM stand he had at our last launch. It was super easy to build and seems to work great. The best part is it only cost me $6.50 for all the parts. I still need to put some felt on the upper arms to keep it from scratching the rocket.

Dan

IMG_2375_%28Medium%29.JPG

Here is my Iris sitting on the stand.

IMG_2376_%28Medium%29.JPG

Foam pipe insulation also works pretty well to pad the support arms. It will deform after a while but that just increases the contact area so may make it better! :)

What do people do with this style stand when the rocket is too "stubby" to let you support it in two places in front of the fins? Make the aft supports very short so they support the body tube in between the fins? Or make them long enough to rest on the fin surface?

I did not glue this together so I can extend/shorten it or add more crosses if needed.

Dan

Originally posted by Micromeister
Very Nice Dan!
What diameter is the tubing? Looks like this one might be to large for my micros:D
Go get yourself a K'Nex set and make a little one. Or whip one up out of soda straws.

Nice job. I was thinking of making one of these but I decided to just use some scrape wood I had laying around.

Nate

Originally posted by Micromeister
Very Nice Dan!
What diameter is the tubing? Looks like this one might be to large for my micros:D

I used 1/2 inch thick walled PVC for this one.

Dan

Back