can this epoxy be used to fiberglass and to attach fins?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeenRocketNerd

Reaction score
I don't have tons of money to pour into a vast array of rocketry adhesives and still have money to build the rest of the rocket ( :rolleyes: ) so I was wondering if this stuff would work for fiberglassing airframes/nosecones and for attaching surface mount fins and fillets?

https://www.mrfiberglass.com/mrfiberglass_epoxy.html (I would get the medium cure)

-TIA

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
I don't have tons of money to pour into a vast array of rocketry adhesives and still have money to build the rest of the rocket ( :rolleyes: ) so I was wondering if this stuff would work for fiberglassing airframes/nosecones and for attaching surface mount fins and fillets?

Yes. It'll work fine.

Keep in mind, though, that laminating resins tend to be thinner, so having some thickening agents on hand can be a good idea. Talcum powder or even simple flour will work, but both make it hard to sand.

-Kevin

It should work fine for everything you mentioned with the right fillers.

Absolutely. There's little difference between that and West...except price. I've used it to lay 11oz CF on a11.5" airframe.

As others mentioned, for structural bonding appliccations you definitely need to add thickeners. West (or similar) thickeners are perfectly compatible...milled fiber, colloidal silica, West's High Strength (#404) all are good options that I've used.

Back