*#%@^! Google disabled my Gmail account!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Help!
Has anyone been through this mess before?

My account was working fine all day at work, I get home, throw rocks at the neighbors kids and take a nap. When I get up to check my Gmail account I get this dreadful message.

"Sorry, your account has been disabled. For more information about Google Accounts, please consult our Help Center at https://www.google.com/support/accounts"

But I cannot find ANY relevant information on that page or even a way to reactivate my account. And no contact information either!
There is a form to fill out but that requires the original verification code, email address and email of the person that invited you.
For Heavens sake! I have slept since then!

To make matters worse, this was my business account with all my customers email and information plus contact info for my beta builders as well.

AARRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!

:kill:

Sorry....

I have a "hosted" g-mail account ( @madrocketscientist.com ) and several fellow TRF'ers do as well. I've never had any issues with it at all. In fact, it's by far the easiest email system that I've used. Far, far superior to the current Windows Live Mail bullcrud that Microsoft is now using for the Hotmail folks (I have one of those too....)

I have not had any problems myself but, I did find this page for reporting problems.

Greg

Originally posted by Fore Check
Sorry....

I have a "hosted" g-mail account ( @madrocketscientist.com ) and several fellow TRF'ers do as well. I've never had any issues with it at all. In fact, it's by far the easiest email system that I've used. Far, far superior to the current Windows Live Mail bullcrud that Microsoft is now using for the Hotmail folks (I have one of those too....)

I agree, Gmail was my top choice for email, until now....
The most frustrating bit is that they don't tell you why or offer a method of resolution.

Originally posted by LaneKG
I have not had any problems myself but, I did find this page for reporting problems.

Greg

HEY!!!
That looks like the beasty I need!

Thanks Greg, I'll give it a shot.....

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Perhaps they got word of your "leaky spigot". :cool:

OOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That was low...............

Flaunting a mans leaky spigot in public.
:p

Originally posted by Pem Tech
OOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That was low...............

Flaunting a mans leaky spigot in public.
:p
Well, they always say, "If you've got it, ...."

I'm just curious, Layne, but why not use your domain name via your site's webhost? At least then you have a neck to wring when things go wrong, and many let you download the backups to your machine. Pretty much all hosting panels allow webmail. cPanel uses a weird port number that can be a hassle if you have a firewall at the office, but there's a 3rd party addon that the webhost can install to fix that.

Originally posted by matthew
I'm just curious, Layne, but why not use your domain name via your site's webhost? At least then you have a neck to wring when things go wrong, and many let you download the backups to your machine. Pretty much all hosting panels allow webmail. cPanel uses a weird port number that can be a hassle if you have a firewall at the office, but there's a 3rd party addon that the webhost can install to fix that.

Good point Matt.....
I have been considering that very move but was a little cautious since there were prior problems reaching webmail from my Day Job. Right now, it looks like a very viable alternative and you are right, I can back-up my email just in case something goes *boom*.

A 3rd party addon to Cpanel?
PM me with the details please!

Thanks Matt!

Gory tech details sent via PM. If anyone else is curious, it's a script called hBridge.

Being the weekend, I haven't been keeping up with the tech sites. Anyway, Ars Technica is reporting that gmail has lost email for 60 accounts (time to buy a lottery ticket with those odds). From some of the other info, I'm suspecting that maybe the accounts had been compromised in some way. If spam or some other abuse was perpetrated, it may explain your account being shut down. It might be worth scanning all the PCs you use for keylogger trojans before logging in to other sites (like paypal).

Originally posted by matthew

Well depending on the service provider hes using to host from, using their servers for mail might actually cause more problems than its worse... The reason for this is,, Many of the providers that use Cpanel are leasing servers from an ISP that in many cases allows SPAMMERS to SPAM across their network, as a result many ISP will get entered into a SPAM Blackhole for a block of IP addresses on the network and what happens then is (regardlss if your legitimate) your emails will get blocked by huge domains like AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, and many others... This m,ay not be the case for him, but it does happen quite often if your going through any of the cheaper webhosting compaines, obviously the old saying "You get what you pay for" still holds true in even the hosting world...

Unfoutantely im also a victim of this legitamte mail being blocked on domains that i own, and have to use GMAIL or my cable internet email account to handle all of my organizations and businesses email... Personally i think what these SPAM Blackholes are doing is just as bad as the SPAMMERS themselves and in many ways worse but I also understand why the big names liek AOL etc etc use them, if not their mail servers would be overloaded with SPAM traffic... I personally get 100+ spam emails a day delivered to my junkmail folder in Thunderbird just because I own several domains, which i recommend Thunderbird if you also get alot of SPAM, because it has one f the best filtering systems ive used...

Anyway just thought id put in my two cents on this topic, and I hope you get things straightened out with GMAIL... Maybe the reason they booted you was because you were using a free account for business, i doubt thats why, but it is a possible reason

Back