Any New Years Resolutions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by TWRackers
Sue, if that one doesn't work, try getting an equivalent piece of scrap railroad rail. :p

carefull.... :D

Many years ago a co-worker/friend of mine had a problem with these kids who would run his mailbox down every time he replaced it.

Finally, he dug a big hole, filled with cement, dropped a 3" pipe in it and reenforced it with a tie-rod. Next day, sure enough, the kids hit it.

It took out their car, the mail box bairly moved...

...he wound up paying for the damage to the car. It was ruled a deliberate act on his part to damage their car. In fairness (yeah, right), the kids were charged with recklessness and some other charge related to trying to deliberatly take out the mail box, but that was it.

It cost my friend over $300 ...

go figure...

The rocket related resolutions:

1) Spend less time on TRF
2) Fly more G-J rockets, esp research loads
3) Help establish a scholarship fund for jrs to help get funding for more ambitious projects than they can otherwise afford, including jr L1 certs (pay forward)
4) Do the 1/2 scale Nike/BB gig at LDRS
5) Fly some NAR competition events this year.
6) Try to help out more at both HPR clubs I belong to (pay back) with equipment and the like

JS

Originally posted by jflis
It took out their car, the mail box bairly moved...

...he wound up paying for the damage to the car. It was ruled a deliberate act on his part to damage their car. In fairness (yeah, right), the kids were charged with recklessness and some other charge related to trying to deliberatly take out the mail box, but that was it.

It cost my friend over $300 ...

I heard of a homeowner who took extreme steps to make a solid mailbox after losing a number of them and was held responsible for a kid's shattered arm.

A few weeks ago I took out the trash early one morning and found 7 mailboxes WITH POSTS ATTACHED sitting in a pile beside my house. (They apparently went after ours as it was leaning but it was just replaced a month earlier due to having been run down by a kid with a stolen car.) They also slashed string by string all the Christmas lights on the block, stole a bunch of yard stuff including a tall Radio Flyer sled I had in front decorated with greenery, and damaged what decorations were left behind.

I wouldn't wish a shattered arm on any of them but I'd be happy if they caught them. What a waste....

1. loose weight
2. loose more weight
3. keep it off
4. ask the girl I like out
5. put ice on the slap bruise ;)
6. finish some projects

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by roadkill

Not to shoot the next one who runs over my mailbox...
(lost six this past year, two in a single day. Latest one has a post made of 6"x 6" pressure treated lumber, buried 5 feet deep.)

How fast do you change your letter box ?

I'm pretty good on most fronts so no real resolutions? for me.:)

Fly More Rockets
Fly Fish a little more
Fly more rockets
Exercise any amount
Fly more rockets
Build more Rockets
Fly more Rockets
L3 bird ready for Freedom Launch
Fly more Rockets
Oh, Put up the "Rocket Building"

Happy New Year!

Resolutions. Hmm.

Shave a few beers off the weekly quota.
Go to bed earlier.
Build my Mustang and G-Force.
Lose 5 more pounds to improve fighting weight.
Keep working hard toward my black belt. One more year.
Build and launch a lot of unique and fun new rockets.
Find more/new ways to keep my kids (and spouse) engaged in rocketry.

Apply 80/20 rule to all the above. Or is that the 60/40 rule?

:D

Back