What did you get for Christmas?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj94

Reaction score
I got a PSP entertainment pack (includes a PSP, a movie, a game, and the charging accessories, and I also got Midnight Club 3 seperately), a silver 4G iPod Nano, and a gift certificate. I'm very thankful for these wonderful gifts, and I now realize how blessed I really am. Well, since that's out of the way, what did you get for Christmas?

I got a thumb that's healing well after a stupid accident put me in the emergency room on Monday night. I will have my stitches removed tonight, and all-in-all, I got a great reminder of where "good health" stands in the list of overall priorities.

I also got a great radio-controlled mouse to entertain my cat with. :D

As far as rocket stuff goes I got a BSD 3in Horizon and 3in Diablo plus a $50 gift certificate to Hobbylinc. I've already posted my TRF Secret Santa haul of BT80 and BT70 body tubes and a BNC80BB nose cone.

A few other gifts were a Bible, coat (if it will only get cold enough in South Georgia to wear a coat), dress shirt and the joy of watching my kids on Christmas morning.

Hmm, I forgot to mention that I actually didn't get any rocketry stuff this year. I still really really like my presents though.:D

No rocketry stuff. Several DVD's and some CD's (Evenesence and Flyleaf.) Got some great patches from my foster son in the Navy of his squadron (VF32 Swordsmen) and the carrier they are assigned to (Harry Truman).

• A couple of first person shooters (F.E.A.R. & HALO for the PC)
  • EMRR Calendar
  • Beeline Transmitter - from my mom :)
  • UHF Tranciever for the Beeline
  • Couple of books
  • The obligatory clothes
  • A Binder Design Velociraptor with the dual deploy option!

I got an MP3 player, and a quiet Christmas with my wife. No rocketry related presents, but two bottles of Laphroaig! The cardboard tubes from the bottles should make a great body tube....

Have a good holiday,

Nothing rocketry related aside from my SS gift. I did get a gift card from HobLob, which will probably go towards motors, or train stuff for my son.

Most of what I got was the usual. Clothes, summer sausages with cheese spreads, candies, ect. I did get a DVD, that I was really wanting, the new release of Disney's Robin Hood, my favorite all time since childhood. One unusual gift my wife and I got together from my parents, is a hand tuned set of wind chimes, and they sound awesome! And, I got some cash, which will be spent next week when I send off my application for the LEUP.

I didn't get any rocketry stuff, specifically, although I know that my Secret Santa gift is still on its way (it was late in shipping). But I did, however, get this awesome little Christmas toy/ornament from my parents.

Check out the incredible, the Amazing, the totally ROCKETISH

MegaRocketron 3000

(Batteries ARE included)
WW:D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by wwattles
ICheck out the incredible, the Amazing, the totally ROCKETISH

MegaRocketron 3000
One word for that: Upscale

I'll try to name all of the rocket stuff I got this year

Performance Rocketry Competitor 4 kit
PerfectFlite HA-45
The Launch Pad SAAB RB05A
Vaughn Brothers VB Extreme 24 (been OOP for a while)
and my SS gifts.

Great Rocket Christmas for me. :)

aside from my SS present, I got a Shuttle Intrepid, a 38-piece Xacto knife set, a "Big Book of Mind Games", some novels, a pair of 1:144 scale static plane kits (a B-2 and a B-58A), a bag containing a pack of Mentos and a 2L bottle of Diet Coke (I've been bugging my parents to get that for a while :D ), a very large book about space exploration (called "Space", it's probably 4x2' and normally costs about $120 (actually 60 pounds)--it was on sale for $20, so I pointed it out to my grandmother, and carried out a large trash bag containing a rectangular prism measuring about 4'x2'x1"... :p ), several gift cards to various places, and I think a total of $240 so far (have a few relatives visiting in a couple of days :) )...

All very fun, and we all had a good time (which is really the most important thing)

Merry Christmas to everyone! :D
-Jake

A Breil Ducati watch

Candy

Shirts

I am blessed and had a wondeful hobby even if she ignored the Pershing II kit highlited in yellow and talked about many times. I wont even print her response to my desire for a 416 rigby rifle. ;o)

I got!!!

Rocketry related:

Semroc Texas Firefly, neat little 2 stager

Thrustline Smoke N Fire, totally awesome 3x 24mm cluster bird

Several packs of A10-PT motors on clearance from Wal-Mart.

From my SS, three Top Flight nylon chutes.:D

Non-rocketry related!!!

T-shirts, etc., typical guy wear.;)

A small but very nice desk size lava lamp, came from Family Dollar for 5 bucks, works great too.:D

A totally awesome indoor micro RC helicopter, just way too cool.:D

A total of $80 in cash, some of which will be going to jonrocket for a Fliskits US TOG and I also ordered the Game Over kit, a new release from Custom.

Overall, I had a great Christmas and Mark, I can't wait to see the Thumper Jr, enjoy the build.;)

Didn't get much this year. Some clothes and a nice figurine from the wife.

Unfortunately, we had to dump 2500 bucks into a new transmission for the car on December 8th, so Christmas was kind of lean this year.

Ah, we'll be good in January though. I'll be getting my new comp then.

Rocketry related, I got a Fliskits Deuces Wild (been wanting one for soo long), Art Applewhite 29mm Delta Flying Saucer, and LOC/Precision Legacy.

Oh yeah, and I also put the BSD Horizon on my Christmas list, but didn't specify a size. (expecting the 3 or 4 inch version) Soooooo......they got me the 5.5 Inch version. Not going to build it for a while, but HOLY **** IT'S AWESOME THOUGH.

Nothing rocketry related, but apparently either a Thrustline Double Up or a Fliskits Stingray is in the mail.

Regulation Air Hocckey Table (REALLY cool, very nice gift)
RC plane, 4 ft. wingspan (In the mail, darned ground freight...)
A very nice adult friend sent me $300 bucks with instructions to spend it at Overstock or Best Buy on the 26th
Books
Clothes

I got pretty loaded up this Christmas!

Originally posted by metalwizard
O.k. my kids had a great xmas..... thats good enough for me.

I like your philosophy!

Nothing beats making the kids happy!

-Kevin

A bunch of rockets, a mini desktop belt sander/disc sander.
PSP Lumines and Lumines II game.
A book on Machine Guns
Some small rocket hand tools.

I got a few things, nothing major. (Well... other than my Secret Santa gift that I received. :cool: ) Most excited about the kids.

My 11 yr. old son got an Easton CNT Stealth Composite little league bat, at 32" and in the (-9) "Power Hitter's" line. He's so excited that he's been carrying it around with him all day since he opened it.

My 9 yr. old son got one of these "fly pens" and a bunch of accessories for it. He's been playing with it ever since.

My 2 yr. old daughter got a TONS of stuff - and she's darned near overwhelmed by it all. She really appreciates the "princess Barbie" stuff the most.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Rocketry Related:

Estes Big Daddy (earmarked for 29mm conversion :D)
Estes Canadian Arrow
Estes SR-71 Blackbird (the third one ;) )
Fliskits Deuce's Wild (Special Tour De Deuce edition kit number: CL002)
Custom SAM-X (destined to be upscaled)

a Box of BT-80 tubes and couplers

a top-flight 24" parachute

a fly cutter for cutting centering rings

A box of BT-80 body tubes and couplers

Un Rocketry Related:

clothes

a new TV for my room

Original Planet of The Apes movie DVD set

some books that I asked for

Trans Siberian Orchestra CD's

and other misc....

and some good times with my parents... :)

I sure think I made out... ;)

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
Rocketry Related:

Fliskits Deuce's Wild (Special Tour De Deuce edition kit number: CL002)
Me too. We also got the same kit number.....somehow.

Mmm, got a 2GB Lexar 80x CF card, three G64-7 reloads (X-Calibur's gonna be flying when I go to a launch...), Estes Thunderstar from my SS here, blank CDs, digital calipers and various other items.
Reed

Not a whole lot so far, just the SS, though I have it on good authority that an R-DAS tiny shipped last Tues and is on the way :D :cool:

Not much rocket stuff, but I did well:
  • Sunward Phoenix from Secret Santa
  • PicoAlt Logging Altimeter (combination Christmas/Bday present)
  • Air Hogs Aero Ace R/C Plane
  • Books by Orson Scott Card and Tom Clancy
  • CD
  • Three calendars
  • Clothes
  • Star Trek figurine
  • Snacks
  • Money (I'll use it for a 5-in-1 video pen camera to fly in rockets and my R/C plane)
  • Time spent with my family ... PRICELESS.

Originally posted by Flamboyant
Me too. We also got the same kit number.....somehow.

The CL002 is the model number (part number) of the kit... they are ALL CL002... :p

I got a wonderful SS gift that I will describe in the appropriate thread.

Also got long johns (oh man, I love'em!)

Also got to see my lovely wife smile the whole day long (well, when she wasn't napping). Got to see Jennifer enjoy her gifts and spend most of the afternoon figuring out the iPod she got from her brother. Got to watch Joe build up his Lego gifts (yep, at 24 he's still addicted to Lego LOL).

Had a wonderful dinner with family and friends.

Back