Why do forum index links disappear from time to time?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queeg500

Reaction score
I been logged in for 5 minutes and do not see the forums for Modeling, Specialized, Vendors, Events et cetera all the way down to Miscellaneous. Why is that? Lookin for something to buy in the Yard Sale. Thanks

Now I see them. Is it something about the breadcrumb nav? Because after I log in I seem to land at the General Discussion level but when I nav back to the big forum level I see all the forums.

Last edited:
I think I understand what you're asking, and what you're seeing, and yes, it does have to do with the breadcrumbs.

Right now, my breadcrumbs show "The Rocketry Forum > General Discussions > The Watering Hole > Why do forum index links disappear from time to time?"

If I click on "General Discussions" I will only see the forums in that category. If I click on "The Rocketry Forum" then I will see all categories, and all forums in those categories.

I suspect (but could be wrong) that you're clicking on a category, and only seeing the forums there, when that's not the behavior you necessarily expected.

-Kevin

ok, I logged in and out a few times trying to replicate. before this thread I responded to a topic in Mid-Power and exited that so maybe I clicked on the General Discussion link thinking that would take me to the main index. or whatever n-stuff

If all else fails, try clicking on the logo in the upper right corner - that should take you to the forum homepage which lists all the sections.

Phil

ok, even so, a few seconds ago I was not logged in and I did not see the full forum list - not needing to click on any breadcrumb links. something is buggy.

forum3-24-10.jpg

Last edited:
wow. I see now- this is the full list for the GENERAL discussion forum- nothing more. my bad :eek:

Back