Awesome CATO picture from CATO-120!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fixit

Reaction score
This was one of the last launches of CATO 120 yesterday in Durham, CT. This is a LOC Stovi that was going off on 3 Estes E9's. Well when two out of the three decided that this rocket just wasn't gonna get off the pad, they were not playing!!!

LOC Stovi having a bad day!!

The big picture is here!!

The picture was taken by the rocket owner Ross. Ross builds some pretty strong rockets, the only damaged suffered was a split top CR and the shock cord mount was blown out. Not a scratch, dent, burn mark on anything else!

Enjoy!!

Tom

That's a great picture of a cato. The fireballs and sparks fit right in with the red paint scheme!:rolleyes:

I had a single E9 take out my whole rocket. Granted it was quite a bit less of a rocket and build.

Mags and I thought it looked a little like a snowman getting blown to bits!! The nosecone looked like his carrot nose flying off his head, head getting separated from his body and his right arm and hand waving bye, bye!:D

Tom,

That picture looks a lot worse than what it was. Ross got lucky as far as the damamge was concerned. I sent him the email address of the Estes rep that helped me out when my D12-5 exploded last month. Ross give an ETA as to when the Stovi will be repaired?

I cannot wait to see Mag's Minnie Magg. She was so excited about it when she was showing it off.

Peter

Originally posted by mwiggins367

Hopefully, we do not have a problem with Estes E9s.

We might,

that's gotta be the fifth or sixth E9
cato I've heard about since my Viper
fireballing late this past summer...

Back